Poll: Is it always wrong to use the N-word?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is it always wrong to use the N-word?
Yes
1 4%
Somewhat / Under certain contexts, but not always wrong
19 76%
No, there's never anything wrong with using it
4 16%
Unsure
1 4%
Voters: 25.
Me and my sis were arguing about this. And what was weird was that I wasn't even the one to bring it up.

So, do you believe it's always wrong to use the N-word?

I personally believe it's wrong to use it, if you know it'll offend someone. Saying it around a black person you know will be offended by it, using it in a mean-spirited snarky racist sense, etc.

Today though, so many teenagers use it casually. I see facebook status' quoting rap lyrics. Maybe someone jokingly says "Nigga, please" around friends. One of my friends sometimes says to me in texts shit like "Sup, nig" and stuff like that. And if it's used in a context where it doesn't offend anyone and it's not meant to be offensive, I don't see anything wrong with it.

In other words, it depends on the context for me.

Post your thoughts.

Also, if this thread is too iffy or anything, and it's not well-received, just say something and I'll delete it.

I don't really have a problem with it. I use it extremely rarely, even in playful context.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Saying a word freely with no context or connotations means nothing. If I arbitrarily said ****** right now, i think there's nothing wrong with that.

That's why censorship is so not smart. Banning "bad words" isn't a good idea, you need to attack the bad meanings behind them.
I'll chase after whoever steals my bike and yell "get back here you ****ing ******!". Calling someone the n word out of nowhere is just messed up. At least try to find an excuse to use it.
No word is inherently wrong. And if someone is being genuinely racist, "I hate African-Americans" is no better than "I hate niggers".
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Masshuu
If its not used in a derogatory way then I don't see the problem.

pretty much this. you know back in the day, it was okay to call people the "n" word.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG

lol 'Naggers'

But seriously, I don't see it as offensive unless used badly. A word is a word. Its how you use it that makes it right / wrong.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by :Vicious--
pretty much this. you know back in the day, it was okay to call people the "n" word.

But, back in the day, calling someone a ****** was a derogatory term.

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

Quote by sock_demon
Only if it's used in a racist way.

This.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by blake1221
Madcap, you are officially Davrosss of Polls.

I hope you're happy lol
.......I like to think my topics are at least a little more interesting......
Quote by qwerty_555
But, back in the day, calling someone a ****** was a derogatory term.

kind of but not really. African-Americans were often called this word and most didnt mind. now, however, there is an obvious denotation to the word that was put on as time passed by.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by The Madcap
.......I like to think my topics are at least a little more interesting......

Well maybe you have the edge there...

Nah, your threads are cool. No sweat.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.