I seem to be getting close but not quite there when im trying to get it.

My setup is an ashdown 210 and an ashdown 115 with a Markbass little mark II head. Any help with the settings? and is not using a pedal part of the problem? Ive seen a few pedals that were recomended to me for his tone but if i need one im not sure what the best one is. Any help? on amp settings and pedal if needed? Thanks in advance
Well these are the pedals that he's been known to use.

Effects

* Guyatone VTX Tremolo
* Digitech Bass Whammy - Used on "Eulogy" (fifth up/sixth up harmony), "Pushit(Live)" (fifth up/octave up harmony) "Third Eye (octave up)," "Schism" (octave down/octave up), Ticks and Leeches (fifth up/octave up harmony), "Lateralus" (octave up), "Disposition" (fifth up/octave up harmony), "Vicarious" (octave up harmony), "The Pot" (octave up) and "Right In Two"(fifth up/sixth up harmony).
* Tech 21 SansAmp GT2 Distortion
* Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
* Boss BF-2 Flanger
* Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
* Guyatone BR-2 Bottom Wah Rocker Envelope Filter
* Colorsound Tone Bender Fuzz
* Foxx Fuzz/Wah/Volume

Other pedals

* Boss GEB7 EQ - run into his 4x12 after the Turbo RAT for a grit channel, for a slight low end boost.
* Pro Co RAT Turbo Rat Distortion Pedal - run with low gain into his 4x12 before the GEB-7 for a grit channel.
* Crowther Prunes & Custard - Used on "The Pot" live.

These pedals have not been confirmed to be used on any recordings, but have been seen on his board in studio snapshots.

* Lovetone Ring Stinger
* Lovetone Flange With No Name
* Line 6 FM4
* Lovetone Wobulator
* Lovetone Brown Source
* Lovetone Big Cheese
* Lovetone Doppelganger
* Lovetone Meatball

Thank you Wikipedia.

So yeah there's an awful lot there, so it my not be that helpful, but when a guy uses this many pedals, it's going to be hard to emulate them.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Maybe it's the fact that he's using a Wal bass, and Gk amp, which have a tone of its own.
Maybe it's the fact that he's using a Wal bass, and Gk amp, which have a tone of its own.

This, in addition to, I believe, a Mesa or two.

But yeah, his tone comes almost entirely from his Wal and amps. The pedals are used sporadically; for instance, you can hear a clear chorus in Rosetta Stoned right after "E mother****in T!". He's a whammy *****, though.
the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones that never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn

Quote by Cobrevolution

But yeah, his tone comes almost entirely from his Wal and amps. The pedals are used sporadically; for instance, you can hear a clear chorus in Rosetta Stoned right after "E mother****in T!". He's a whammy *****, though.

Not anymore, he runs a GK into Mesa Cabs and a Demeter preamp straight into the sound desk.

And he's got distortion on most of the time, so that's the Pro-Co rat.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Cobrevolution

Sporadically my foot. He runs his Pro Co RAT (only a low gain setting) and GEB-7 almost constantly to give him a bit of grit and a low end boost. Remember, he runs two channels- dirty and clean. He uses his effects a lot more than you seem to think he does.