For some reason when I was using guitar pro (5.2) the tracks were playing out of sync from eachother, can anybody help me with this?
If you were using RSE, that's why.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Yeah RSE will only play in sync if you use typical rock band instruments. IE: using orchestral ones or synths or anything won't work, because they'll play as MIDI while the other tracks are RSE and it'll go out of sync. Other than that I have no idea.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
What that guy ^ said, MIDI + RSE = out of time.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
yeah but I hav another laptop that works fine with mid+rse, and this only started happening a week ago, before that it worked fine.
Dunno, it's never worked for me. Maybe it's the instruments combination you're using.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
Quote by phantom_lord586
nah, used to be fine whatever combination of instruments or rse and midi, now its f'd up

No it didn't.
Quote by phantom_lord586
Well midi sounds worse.

No it doesn't.
Are you using a different operating system on the laptop that works? When I was on windows XP, RSE worked fine. Now that I've got windows 7, it's out of sync.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by asator
No it didn't.

No it doesn't.

two things

1. you're an idiot midi guitars sound really shitty and even if rse isn't that good its definately better than midi.

2. you should shut the **** up, it used to work fine all the time and i never had any problems.

don't reply to peoples' posts and act like a dickhead who thinks he knows everything ok.

yeah I noticed it's the same on my dad's laptop which has vista. i hav windows xp and it's just really irritating when i'm trying to learn songs and get the rhythm down.
Go to Options and Audio Settings, and make sure RSE's latency is set the same as midi's. If it already is, work out which one comes before the other, and set that one's latency to slightly higher.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jul 3, 2010,
Quote by phantom_lord586
don't reply to peoples' posts and act like a dickhead who thinks he knows everything ok.

My douche-bag sense is tingling.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by phantom_lord586
two things

1. you're an idiot midi guitars sound really shitty and even if rse isn't that good its definately better than midi.

2. you should shut the **** up, it used to work fine all the time and i never had any problems.

yeah I noticed it's the same on my dad's laptop which has vista. i hav windows xp and it's just really irritating when i'm trying to learn songs and get the rhythm down.

In other words, "be you"?

And midi guitars don't sound great, but the RSE on guitar pro is absolutely abysmal. If you're any good at using the programme and tweaking things you can make MIDI guitars sound a LOT better than RSE. And I'm one of the few people in this thread who's actually given any useful input, so if you're going to be a cunt to me, then that's the last time I'll help you out.

EDIT:
Date of birth: 1994
Favourite bands: "Metallica, Slayer, Guns N' Roses, Pantera..."

How did I guess? I hate UG sometimes...
Last edited by asator at Jul 3, 2010,
I'll agree actually, about the midi bit. Midi sounds so synthetic and unlike the real instruments that it's easy to ignore it and just focus on the notes being played. It's also very clear, you can hear everything that's going on. RSE is muddy and obnoxiously bad.
Quote by whalepudding
I'll agree actually, about the midi bit. Midi sounds so synthetic and unlike the real instruments that it's easy to ignore it and just focus on the notes being played. It's also very clear, you can hear everything that's going on. RSE is muddy and obnoxiously bad.

EDIT: Also, see some of the insane stuff certain users post in Tabs and Chords. If you tak e bit of time, MIDI can sound amazing, and a lot better than RSE.
Quote by asator
In other words, "be you"?

And midi guitars don't sound great, but the RSE on guitar pro is absolutely abysmal. If you're any good at using the programme and tweaking things you can make MIDI guitars sound a LOT better than RSE. And I'm one of the few people in this thread who's actually given any useful input, so if you're going to be a cunt to me, then that's the last time I'll help you out.

EDIT:
Date of birth: 1994
Favourite bands: "Metallica, Slayer, Guns N' Roses, Pantera..."

How did I guess? I hate UG sometimes...

EDIT: asator's status: I have nothing of value to say
history

How did I guess? I hate UG sometimes.............
I'd expect better from a comeback that took several months to think up.
For some reason, when I use r.s.e it sounds like a band that can't play..
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise