Hey all
My copy of Windows XP SP3 is unbootable due to corruption/damage or something else, so that my only option is to format and reinstall Windows (the repair option is unavailable). I have some data on the hard disk drive that I don't wanna lose; is there a possibility to get a CD with a bootable version of windows on it so that I can boot it and access the hard drives to back the data up?

Thanks!
ॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐ
Quote by dannyisokay
It's our little online utopia where we smoke with folks from the far corners of the world and say things like "I'm high, heheehehe."

Quote by Ed Hunter

Thoughts about new naked airport scanner?

^
Quote by nightraven
brb applying for job at airport

unplug the drive and plug it as a slave on another computer that has a working OS.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
or a live linux cd
Peavey Bandit 112
Washburn Chicago series :SD Invader at bridge ,GFS Lil Killer on neck
Bc Rich Warlock :GFS Vintage59 on neck ,Crunchy rails on bridge
Epiphone SG :Tusq Nut, GFS Crunchy Pat on neck, bc rich pickup on bridge
lots of cheap pedals
Try safemode before anything else!

If your data on the drive is really precious, do as makik said or buy a new HDD and install windows on that one. you can then access your old files since it will be on a secondary drive and not your systemdisk
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Last edited by backtothe70s at Jul 3, 2010,
Quote by DirtyMakik
unplug the drive and plug it as a slave on another computer that has a working OS.

This should work.

What I did when this happened to me is remove the drive, stick it in a dock thingy which basically turns internal HDs into external ones, ran a chkdsk and then copied everything I needed.
🙈 🙉 🙊