Page 1 of 11
Summer 2010 6 Week Workout Challenge

The Story
A friend of mine was in the Filipino army. He said that all new recruits, no matter what their build, all did the same workout for the first 6 weeks.
I did the same workout about 6 years ago and I did notice huge results but as summer rolled around I got lazy.

The challenge
50 push-ups
30 chin-ups (if you can't find somewhere I suggest a door frame or children's park)
100 sit-ups
40 squats
1 mile jog
Everyday.

Who is up for it? post before pictures and let's see if we can make decent progress. Can't ask for more motivation than that!

The Contenders
iro-bot31
Gaijinfoot
byob_soad2
wheatmore
Gammas1
ChemicalFire
Arrived+Dparted
beetroot10
Fiddly Diddly69
JamesLPs
I.O.T.M
im_hungry
So-Cal
XianXiuHong
Slicer666
MH400
Bucket-Of-Win
GuitarViking
kirbyrocknroll
TrP6 SeNiLe
pedrolmoura
SlayingDragons
robhc
daytripper75
stevve
Masshuu
Sol9989
Adam Scott
dustyboy316
blackflag49
metal_al73
SaintsofNowhere
afterthewar
The Contagen
JimmyBanks6
angusfan16
hobson111
Faded Grey
ryand111
dr_shred
So-Cal
Kyle_Brewer
deadlyshadow92
Fat-bastard0603
thedefrockednun
BlackmanDown
ESPLTDV401DX

The Spectators
Oyface
Zoot Allures

Before

Gaijin 'Pale Ninja' Foot

XianXiu 'Already Buff' Hong

ESPLTD 'Knows he needs to get in shape, that's why he's doing it' V401DX

Kyle_'legs are killing' Brewer

Alex Vik

BlackmanDown

JimmyBanks6
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Last edited by GaijinFoot at Jul 9, 2010,
This should be interesting. It sure looks like a decent workout. I already work out to train for army selection, so I don't think my results will stun the world.

My summer holidays start in 2 weeks. I'll give it a go then.

Also, a question. I can do 30 to 35 push ups in a row right now, with 35 depending on anything from what I had for breakfast to air humidity. Is an all new, skinny recruit supposed to do al 50 in a row, or can he have a break in between?
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
This is actually a very good idea... I think we should start a "The Pit gets fit" regime...

I may do a mock-up thread now.
Thanks for the unlock!
I'll start tonight, with picture included as a before snap.
Good luck guys! post your progress!
Hahah this sounds good.
Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
I'd totally eat you.

Quote by Gorelord666
Banned because your avatar blew my mind.

Damn straight.
If you're in let me know and I'll add you to the list.
Quote by GaijinFoot
A friend of mine was in the Filipino army. He said that all new recruits, no matter what their build, all did the same workout for the first 6 weeks.
I did the same workout about 6 years ago and I did notice huge results but as summer rolled around I got lazy.

Everyday
50 push-ups
30 chin-ups
100 sit-ups
40 squats
1 mile jog

Who is up for it? post before pictures and let's see if we can make decent progress. Can't ask for more motivation than that!

People taking part
Gaijinfoot

People who are too lazy
Oyface

haha, I'll try that minus the chin-ups, cause I have nothing in this area to do it with

Won't be an official entry though, I just wanna get a bit fitter.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Right, count me in right now then. I hope I can maintain the daily jog though... I head a knee injury from jogging too much about a year ago, and it still acts up when I jog more often.

EDIT:
to the mod who unlocked this.
And as I asked, do the oush ups have to be in one row. Or doesn't it matter as long as you get 50 a day?

I'll start tomorrow morning with my weekly 5 miles, and do the other exercises throughout the day.
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Last edited by Gammas1 at Jul 3, 2010,
Sounds good.

So with the pushups/situps and whatnot, do we need to do them in one go? Or do we separate them as required? Are the pushups on our palms or knuckles? What can I replace the chinups with since I don't have a chinup bar?
Quote by XianXiuHong
Sounds good.

So with the pushups/situps and whatnot, do we need to do them in one go? Or do we separate them as required? Are the pushups on our palms or knuckles? What can I replace the chinups with since I don't have a chinup bar?

I'm going to use a doorpost or something I guess
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Other than the chin ups that's pretty easy imo, we do more than that for the warm up at my MA class
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Gaijin, you got a friends request with a message to add me to your list.
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Quote by im_hungry
I'm in. When does it start?

TS starts tonight, I start tomorrow morning.

So, ASAP I suppose..
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
I'm in , we have a home gym in my house so we can use that (no I'm not a posh twat, it's just one of those station things) sounds pretty awesome and could do with some motivation.

As asked - and maybe not answer - do you need to do everything in a row or breaks or wut?!

HELLO!

I'd join but I have a large suspicion that I'll only lose weight from that.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
I'd join but I have a large suspicion that I'll only lose weight from that.

If you ate enough and maybe skipped the jog you'd probably gain a bit, depends on your state now, if you can do that comfortably already then you'd probably stay the same.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by GaijinFoot

Everyday
50 push-ups
30 chin-ups
100 sit-ups
40 squats
1 mile jog

People taking part
Gaijinfoot

People who are too lazy
Oyface

Are they consecutive reps? Is there anything about diet, because if there's not and you don't change your diet, well, there just aren't going to be results.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
How about adding like a 15 - 30 mile cycling distance every day?

Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
I'll do it, but I won't be posting pictures of myself. I don't like my likeness being on the internets.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by jambi_mantra
If you ate enough and maybe skipped the jog you'd probably gain a bit, depends on your state now, if you can do that comfortably already then you'd probably stay the same.

Yeah I meant with my current diet. Gaining weight on a limited budget is hard enough.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I could do everything apart from the jog... I hate running.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
I could do everything apart from the jog... I hate running.

It's only a mile. That's not even 10 minutes.
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
lol, if you hate it that much then do it and get it over with. It's just a mile for crying out loud.
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
I'll take part in this.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I'm definitely in
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Quote by Slicer666
haha, I'll try that minus the chin-ups, cause I have nothing in this area to do it with

Won't be an official entry though, I just wanna get a bit fitter.

Exactly this.

I don't think I'll remember to do it every day, but I would like to try, at least.

Gonna start when my girlfriend comes down; we're already planning to run every day.
I'll just do the rest of this stuff too.
Last edited by byob_soad2 at Jul 3, 2010,
Sorry for the late reply guys, had to go out.

When I did it before I used to do 5 sets of 10 push-ups. As many chin-ups as I could manage until I reached 30 and 100 sit-ups in 1 go.

Great to see so many people keen. Hopefully we can motivate each other into doing well.

Mods: I'm on a school network, IP might look dodgy.

Quote by dann_blood
Are they consecutive reps? Is there anything about diet, because if there's not and you don't change your diet, well, there just aren't going to be results.

As for diet. We all know what we should generally eat. I never decided to change my diet last time but instinctively my diet changed to more fruit and water.
Quote by XianXiuHong
Sounds good.

You'll have to be creative. This workout is not an exact science of anything. Plenty of room to improve or focus but it's meant to be a 1 size fits all general work through.
Last edited by GaijinFoot at Jul 3, 2010,
Quote by GaijinFoot
When I did it before I used to do 5 sets of 100 push-ups.

On the diet part. I eet a lot of wheat bread, and I simply adore peanut butter, so I'm cool on carb and proteine. But as long as you simply eat healthy, there's no reason why you shouldn't get results from this.
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
I'd do it if I wasn't already on my own workout plan

Good luck though, if anyone actually posts befores and afters that would be quite interesting.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Gammas1

On the diet part. I eet a lot of wheat bread, and I simply adore peanut butter, so I'm cool on carb and proteine. But as long as you simply eat healthy, there's no reason why you shouldn't get results from this.

haha typo there!

Yeah I think as long as you're not hydrating yourself with vodka or something you'll be ok. It's instinctive to look for better food after a workout.
Last edited by GaijinFoot at Jul 3, 2010,
Quote by GaijinFoot
haha typo there!

Yeah I think as long as you're not hydrating yourself with vodka or something you'll be ok

████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
I'm in. I've been doing two to three sets of 40 pushups a day with those Perfect Pushup handles, and I've already seen some small results, but I should probably start working my other muscles. The only one that I might skip out on sometimes is the mile run. I HATE running.
Quote by Gammas1

Depends what you class as results. What most people class as eating healthy, wouldn't get results for someone who's looking to get bigger for example.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau