Hey guys the only guitar i can try is the JP 50, and i loved it.
But i was wondering, what is the JP 6 like compared to the JP 50? and is it worth it?
Thanks
The JP6 is heaps better than the JP50. If you liked the JP50, then you'll love the JP6, the 50 is just a cheaper budget model of the JP6, and while its a good guitar, its nothing compared to the real thing.
Quote by littlephil
The JP6 is heaps better than the JP50. If you liked the JP50, then you'll love the JP6, the 50 is just a cheaper budget model of the JP6, and while its a good guitar, its nothing compared to the real thing.

whats the difference?

The JP50 costs 1066$, and the JP 6 costs 2833$(ordered from the US with tax).
So what is the difference? I'm not paying that much if it aint something "extreme" i could always get a pickup change.
Last edited by Viter at Jul 3, 2010,
The JP6 is far better quality, made in America, top quality woods and hardware used, excellent quality control, Dimarzio pickups, Piezos.
The JP50 is made in Indonesia, lower quality wood and hardware, not as good quality control, no options. Its just a budget model, no where near the quality of the JP6.
Quote by littlephil
The JP6 is far better quality, made in America, top quality woods and hardware used, excellent quality control, Dimarzio pickups, Piezos.
The JP50 is made in Indonesia, lower quality wood and hardware, not as good quality control, no options. Its just a budget model, no where near the quality of the JP6.

okay what about the feel?
Quote by Viter
okay what about the feel?

All the JP models seem to have a great feel to them and I believe that the JP6 will feel alot nicer than the JP50.

Get the JP6, it will be the greatest decision of your life if you do.
Guitar - Music Man John Petrucci X

Amp - Ronald cube 60, willing be getting a Mark V soon
Last edited by sgany at Jul 3, 2010,
Quote by sgany
All the JP models seem to have a great feel to them and I believe that the JP6 will feel alot nicer than the JP50.

Get the JP6, it will be the greatest decision of your life if you do.

yeah but I'm a teen and i'll have to work for like a year to afford a Jp6...
look at the price.
So is the difference really that big, becaus your just saying "Oh it's so much better" but there's no arguments like, the neck is thinner or something like that.
Quote by Viter
yeah but I'm a teen and i'll have to work for like a year to afford a Jp6...
look at the price.
So is the difference really that big, becaus your just saying "Oh it's so much better" but there's no arguments like, the neck is thinner or something like that.

I do not believe there is a difference in terms of the neck.

alright let me make it straight to you,the JP50 is nowhere the JP6..I mean in terms of eveything,you'll have to play one to realize how superior the JP6 compared to the JP50(BTW it costs only 599,not 1000)

BTW sgany do you own a JPX?
Quote by archenemyfan
alright let me make it straight to you,the JP50 is nowhere the JP6..I mean in terms of eveything,you'll have to play one to realize how superior the JP6 compared to the JP50(BTW it costs only 599,not 1000)

Dude I'm not in the US i'm in denmark and it costs 1000$ here and the JP 6 costs what i stated above.

EDIT: and the JP 50 is made of the same wood as a JP6
Last edited by Viter at Jul 3, 2010,
Quote by Viter
Dude I'm not in the US i'm in denmark and it costs 1000$ here and the JP 6 costs what i stated above.

If you just look at the name, then yes.

Quality wise, oh hell no.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
If you just look at the name, then yes.

Quality wise, oh hell no.

oh okay like what?
Quote by Viter
oh okay like what?

do you really need to know?

ok then,most cheap asian manufacturers use a flawed yellowish basswood which has undesirable tonal characteristics(of poplar) and high end guitars like JP,Suhr,Anderson Ibanez Prestiges,Wolfgangs all use a more uniform high quality basswood(tan coloured)
if your going to be playing with distortion or other effects alot i wouldnt bother with the expensive one as the effects will kill out the improved natural sound, also i wouldnt want to gig with a $2500 guitar
Quote by Viter

EBMM JP6, taxes AND shipping included, costs you €1890:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/music_man_mmjp62p.htm

Sterling JP50 all costs included, costs you €785
http://www.thomann.de/gb/sterling_by_music_man_john_petrucci_jp50.htm
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Jul 3, 2010,
Quote by LP_CL
EBMM JP6, taxes AND shipping included, costs you €1890:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/music_man_mmjp62p.htm

Sterling JP50 all costs included, costs you €785
http://www.thomann.de/gb/sterling_by_music_man_john_petrucci_jp50.htm

Didn't check, but did you select Denmark for the country? Cause for what I recall the danish and swedish governments upped the taxes on luxury items (AKA guitars n such)

EDIT:
Quote by halfj06
if your going to be playing with distortion or other effects alot i wouldnt bother with the expensive one as the effects will kill out the improved natural sound, also i wouldnt want to gig with a $2500 guitar

Thank god not everybody thinks like you do
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Jul 3, 2010,

Yeah, and John uses a squire strat to play all distorted parts, and only pulls out his sig to play cleans.

As for the guitar, I'd even go as far to say quality wise its up there with PRS guitars, and the tone you can get from that guitar is pretty much incredible. The Crunch Lab / Liquifire are my favorite combo, you can get great clarity even with a good amount of distortion. The piezo is a big plus too.
Quote by halfj06

Maybe if you're using a cheap amp or crappy distortion pedals everything will sound the same, but with a good high quality amp, its possible to hear the differences between 2 of the same guitars, even with massive amounts of gain. The wood used for the body and neck has a very big impact on the sound of the guitar, and distortion wont stop that coming through.
Okay i think I'm gonna buy the JP 50 becaus I'm on a budget :P
But would it be a good idea to get the crunchlab and the luquifire?
*Usual 'depends on your amp' comment*
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by silly hats
*Usual 'depends on your amp' comment*

A line 6 spider IV 75 watt and no i'm not getting a new one.
Quote by Viter
A line 6 spider IV 75 watt and no i'm not getting a new one.

oh shi-
Quote by LiquidFear
oh shi-

yeah for some reason there's a shit load of hate against line 6, but i like it.
But anyway would it be a good idea to get the new pickups?
Quote by archenemyfan

Indeed I do sir

Quote by archenemyfan
I'm erupting with jealousy sir

how about some pics?

I only have some crappy webcam photos having trouble connecting my phone camera to my PC

Quote by Viter
yeah for some reason there's a shit load of hate against line 6, but i like it.
But anyway would it be a good idea to get the new pickups?

Don't bother with new pickups when playing through a Spider.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz