Page 1 of 4
Based of of Image. And what is your favorite based off of style/skill.
example/

My favorite bassist because of his image is Nikki Sixx, the basses he plays are amazing, love the style of the 80's he just has a rocker edge to him and he's my favorite image of a bassist and is my main influence in alot and is why i picked up bass but he isnt that good a bassist.

But my favorite for skill/style of playing is either Robbie Merrill (Godsmack) or Rex Brown (Pantera) because i love thier tones and thier overall just damn good bassists.

I figured somthing like this would spice up the old favorite bassist threads and actually make people think "well why is he my favorite?"
Geezer, he is just so awesome. Also, he played in Black Sabbath, so that is why.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
wait for it...wait for it.....

Flea just because I'm a Red Hot Chili Pepperaholic.

He looks kickass and puts lots of energy into his playing and performances. He is also very skilled.

Wonder when someone will say Victor Wooten or Cliff Burton.

Bootsy rocks!!!
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Justin Chancellor, Victor Wooten, John Myung.
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
Sid Vicious
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
Image: Marco Hietala. Just look at that awesome beard and those beautiful Warwicks.

Style: Stanley Clarke
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
based on image i have to say Nikki Sixx he's just cool, on actual sound i really like Duff Mckagen or Steve Harris, sometimes Geddy Lee
Keep On Keepen' On
Well I love Cliff Burton for both his style and his sound. I know someone will be like 'He's not that great, blah, blah' but I love him all the same aha. But I also love Arif Mirabdolbaghi's sound. He's a tank on that thing.
Doris Yeh-Chthonic
Matatabi-Onmyou-za
Lena Abe-My Dying Bride
Satoshi Fujinami-Sigh
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
cliff burton is my favorite for both style & sound (anesthesia pulling teeth) & paul gray cause he was one of the reasons i began playin bass and i think he had a cool sound and i really like his slap playing on do nothing/bitchslap from mfkr

both may rest in peace..

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore

Al Cisneros, Scott Reeder, Geezer Butler and Martin Mendez, for both style and skills :p
For style, it would have to be Bootsy, i mean c'mon, just try and beat that

For skills, my top few would be Wooten for obvious reasons, Miller for his slap and burton
Dan Briggs is probably my favourite.

Really does something different, the way he weaves in and out of the guitarists is brilliant. Also has a beautiful tone.
flea, victor wooten, robert trujillo and cliff burton. I can't really decide who's my favourite. I love all of them.
For image I think Chris Wolstenholme. He looks like he's barely doing anything while he plays but he still plays some badass basslines.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Small Print
Dan Briggs is probably my favourite.

Really does something different, the way he weaves in and out of the guitarists is brilliant. Also has a beautiful tone.

+10 billion.

For looks, Claypool. He permanently looks like he's just dropped acid and decided to change his clothes to suit.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by Jesus_Dean
Sid Vicious

seconded
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
Image/look: Hmm... I think I have to say Troy Sanders. He just looks badass!

Skills: I'm a huge Between the Buried and Me fanboy, but that's not the only reason why my favorite bassist is Dan Briggs. Some of his bass lines are surprisingly lead-like without going over the top and still keeping the rhythm. He's just awesome.

Another bassist I really like/liked is Jason Newsted.
The metric system, bro, the metric system.
Quote by TheIrishPatriot
Have sex to Colors. Warning: You may never feel as epic ever again.
Quote by Ic3
Mark Alan Hoppus , Cone Mcaslin , Mike Dirt , Robert Truillio , ...

Yes to the Mark Hoppus! He seems like such a great dude.

And I love your sig! That was definetley Mark's best bit in the urethra chronicles

For me, style/skill wise, it would have to be Matt Freeman of Rancid. I mean, listen to his solo in Maxwell Murder. He's just that damn good.
USA Fender Precision w/ Badass III + SD 1/4 pounders
MIM Fender Jazz
T21 SansAmp VT Bass
Gallien Krueger MB212
Tim Commerford, Flea, Michael Manring and Mic Todd.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat. - Douglas Adams
Cliff Burton
Geddy Lee
Victor Wooten
John Myung
Jason Newsted
Rob Trujilo
Image: Joshua Tree era Adam Clayton

Sound: The ideas of people like Flea, Berry Oakley, and Entwhistle and the reserve of people like JPJ, Jeff Ament, and John Stirratt
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I realised I missed image wise...

Again, I think I'd have to say Dan Briggs. Just a basic style, just like me. Also love his orange Spector with black hardware.

Last edited by Small Print at Jul 4, 2010,
Page 1 of 4