Hey , im new to the community and this is awsome, but im in a bit of a problem.
Basically ive been playing for about a year now, so im very new but have a major love for what i do. So as im new i use a practice amp which is the Marshall 30MG series , (the new one) , and i use an Encore Blaster Series Strat. Now i know this guitar sounds crap, but for a £179 First guitar , its done well and has allowed me to play very versatile sounds and its quite good. Basically , i really need to get a Synyster Gates sound or should i say a good, strong, Metal sound thats good for songs such as Avenged Sevenfolds. I would say Rage against the machine are my favourite band of all time, and as i used to use Tom morellos settings with a couple of minor adjustments , i got bored with the Bombastic sound that it gives and as im in a new band thats creating a mix of Hardcore, Hard Rock, Rage/Avenged sound, i need to get that sweet metal sound thats got some good gain to sound awesome XD.
Oh and i know my guitar isnt really suited for that n'all , but i want to get the Schecter Demon 6 Fr, very soon , so (: .
Thanks A Bunch Guys, All help appreciated .
Get a new amp first man, that's what i'd suggest.
It will make the biggest difference to your tone. 80% amp man. Look for a new amp.
Just my two cents
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Thanks man , what would you say is best for the sound ? say i wanted to start doing our first gigs , i would probably want to get a louder amp first or would i want to get a cab and a head (marshall) , this is all when i have my Demon 6 fr Guitar .
I would definitely get a new amp first. Your amp is about 90% of your tone. Bad amp = bad tone.

If you need help searching for a new amp, go here. Most of the guys in there are knowledgable and helpful.

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.