So I've searched through here looking for someone that might have the same problem and got nothing. I've also looked at the tab with a million hits on it on this site as well as a few videos and i was hoping to get yours guys input.

So I'm not sure exactly how to describe the part other than perhaps a D chord lead up to the solo? Its the part with the wierd timing where it goes something like 9/8 to 3/4 but yeah it's quite perplexing and i'm not too good at the by ear stuff so any help would be appreciated. thanks
I really have a hard time seeing a problem but is your problem is that you can't strum it in time?
Not so much the strumming but that might help out. But more like different ways to play it i guess since that part is really open for interpretation i assume there are several different ways to play that part and i was wondering if anybody knew a better/easier way than is posted in the tab i've been practicing whats on the tab and it sounds a bit iffy to me
I play it by making a D chord but leaving the first string open, then a normal D chord, then a Dsus4 I think it's called, just third fret on the first string. Hit each of those once sort of fast. Play that three times, then the Dsus4 again, then D. Then there's another chord, I have no idea what it's called, it's third fret on fifth and second string and open first, third, and fourth strings. Hit that twice, then hit it three times holding first string at the second fret as well, then back to open first string chord twice, then holding second three more times, then back to open first string. Then do the variants of the D chord again in the same order as the first time, then the third fret on fifth and second string and open first, third, and fourth strings thing again. Then at the very end of that lead-in to the solo there's this little thing, it's like

-------2---------------------
---3------3----0------------
----------------------2p0---

That's showing just strings one, two, and three. Actually, let me make another post to show you the chords better.
e --0---2---3------0---2---3------0---2---3---3---3---2
B --3---3---3------3---3---3------3---3---3---3---3---3
G --2---2---2------2---2---2------2---2---2---2---2---2
D --0---0---0------0---0---0------0---0---0---0---0---0
A ------------------------------------------------------------
E ------------------------------------------------------------
So that's the part with the D chord variations. Then

e --0---0---2---2---2---0
B --3---3---3---3---3---3
G --0---0---0---0---0---0
D --------------------------
A --3---3---3---3---3---3
E --------------------------

is the other part. From here you can figure it out. Hopefully.