Got my first tube amp today!!! Definitely NEVER going back to S.S. after this. I tried posting pics, but the files are too large. I'll compress them and post them ASAP.

Vox Night Train
http://www.voxamps.com/modernclassic/nighttrain/

I don't have a good mic for recording ATM (picking up a Shure SM57 very soon), so I don't have any clips yet. I'll put some up as soon as I can. So for now, here's a bit of a review:

My Night Train head is running through a Vox V112 TV cabinet (made for the AC4TVH head, but came with my Night Train). I got this amp for it's sparkling Vox cleans (although it's not quite the same as an AC15 or AC30, it's pretty damn good). Sounds great, but I'm planning on upgrading the Celestion Seventy80 speaker to something like a Greenback. Anyways, the NT is a 15 watt, all-tube head with a Pentode/Triode switch that lets you power down to 7.5 watts for bedroom playing.
For tone quality, I give it an 8/10 or 9/10
It's VERY simple to dial in different sounds, and this head can achieve a pretty wide variety of tones. Just from playing it for a day, I've been able to easily get sparkling cleans, to a nice tube crunch, to a hot powerful overdrive.

It's technically only a one-channel head, but it has two settings that are sort of like channels. In "Bright" mode, you have full control over the 3-band EQ as well as the Gain and Volume. This mode is extremely versatile. I play a lot of classic rock, blues, new rock, alternative, and some heavier stuff, and in this mode the amp can be dialed in to do it all. This mode, however, won't get you a heavily-distorted metal tone. Even with the Gain and Volume cranked all the way, at most it's a hard rock or very dirty blues tone.
The "Thick" mode bypasses all the EQ settings and gives you pure tube power, with control over only the Gain and Volume. It's pretty much impossible to get a bad sound out of this setting, as long as the Gain is past 10 o'clock. With the Gain at about 12 o'clock, you can get a really great, sustaining tone for leads for classic rock, and with it cranked even higher you can get a pretty good metal tone (think Metallica).
For versatility and ease of use, I give it a 7/10

So far I've tried two pedals with this amp: Boss ME-50 and a Danelectro Blue Paisley. The ME-50, as it usually does, sucks the tone right out of the signal and gives it a thin, digital sound. I sold the ME-50 yesterday, so I don't have to worry about that any more. The Blue Paisley, however, sounds GREAT through this amp. I've been using it primarily as a boost to the cleans or to a gritty classic rock sound. The amp and Blue Paisley really compliment each other well. Other than that, I can't say much about this amp taking pedals.

While this amp is pretty versatile in terms of the different tones you can get, you do only have one channel so you have to dial in to get a different tone every time. I think this amp's biggest downfall is that it doesn't come with a foot switch to go between Bright and Thick modes. I have no idea why they wouldn't do this; it would be so easy and make this amp 100 times better. The two modes give you such great sounds, and I'd love to be able to switch between a nice gritty sound to a fully overdriven, powerful lead tone. The amp also does not come with a reverb tank or effects loop, so if you want to add any effects they're going to be in between your guitar and the amp (some people like this, some don't; it also depends on how well your amp takes pedals).
For features, I give this thing like a 3 or 4 It really should have come with a footswitch for Bright/Thick modes, and an effects loop would have been nice.

Even with these downfalls, I still love the warm, sparkling, clean tones that this amp gets. I will primarily use this amp for bedroom purposes (practicing, and recording to my computer once i get it mic'ed). I may gig with it in the near future (this thing is only 15W, but on pentode mode with the volume cranked it could easily do a small indoor venue), but I would need to bring along some pedals since this thing would be stuck on one setting the whole night. So for bedroom purposes, this amp is GREAT as long as you don't mind dialing in to get different tones, but for those who like a multi-channel amp, I'd stay away from it. I love this thing, and am very happy I bought it.
Overall, I give this amp an 8/10
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Last edited by Jimmy_Page_Zep at Jul 3, 2010,
nice, but with a nick like yours I was expecting a Plexi - or even a Major

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Nice
And for the the pics, upload them on imageshack or photobucket and use the tags to put them on here. The attach file thingy on here sucks
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab

Shot at 2010-07-03

Shot at 2010-07-03

Shot at 2010-07-03
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by Cathbard

+1

HNAD!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by Cathbard

I would love a Plexi some day. But I'm a grad student living in an apartment, so it's not the most practical amp for me. Some day...
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
HNAD!

Big