So i just bought my Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe about 11 days ago (Brand New). I'm really enjoying it but i noticed that the back of the neck's finish is a bit lighter than when i bought the guitar. The finish of the guitar is nitrocellulose. Is the weather a factor of the guitar wearing? Is it normal for the guitar to be wearing this fast?
Last edited by SilverRock113 at Jul 3, 2010,
congrats on your purchase, what are you using to clean it with and don`t leave it in direct sunlight.
When I was at Guitar Center buying a guitar the clerk showed me an Epi Les Paul with barenuckle pups and the back of the neck was a flat/satin finish to it and was extremely smooth... Is it something like that?
Normally, with a normal thick nitro finish, it lasts about 10 years till you wear through it playing it a ton. But 11 days, me thinks they did a shit job on the finish, and they made it too thin. But maybe Gibsons use a thinner coating, idk, I just know how long strats with a nitro finish will last.

But no, it is not normal for any guitar to wear that fast.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
congrats on your purchase, what are you using to clean it with and don`t leave it in direct sunlight.

I'm not leaving in it direct sunlight
i'm leaving it in its case
Quote by Somekid94
When I was at Guitar Center buying a guitar the clerk showed me an Epi Les Paul with barenuckle pups and the back of the neck was a flat/satin finish to it and was extremely smooth... Is it something like that?

No, its a coated finish which can be a bit on the sticky side (nitrocellulose)