Yesterday I was playing guitar and I forgot to turn off my amp when I went out after. I came back about an hour and a half later and my amp was off but the switch was still turned on and the top of the head was very warm. It also wouldn't turn back on. I've never replaced the tubes or anything before and I've had the amp for about 3-4 years, so I'm thinking the tubes got too hot and blew but I'm also thinking it could be a bigger problem. Any Ideas? I've never experienced any problems with it before so I don't really know what to do. Thanks.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
This happened to me a few weeks ago, I was playing but I wanted to change the settings on a pedal, so I put the amp on Stand-by. Suddenly, I realized that the light on the amp was off but I was sure that I did not turned it off.
I checked the switches and shit, but nothing worked. The amp was just a couple of months old but I still don't know what happened.
In fact, I'm going to get it checked today, I hope you can find an anwser and sorry for the thread hijacking.
Also, check the fuse if you haven't already checked it.
Quote by LightningRider
Yesterday I was playing guitar and I forgot to turn off my amp when I went out after. I came back about an hour and a half later and my amp was off but the switch was still turned on and the top of the head was very warm. It also wouldn't turn back on. I've never replaced the tubes or anything before and I've had the amp for about 3-4 years, so I'm thinking the tubes got too hot and blew but I'm also thinking it could be a bigger problem. Any Ideas? I've never experienced any problems with it before so I don't really know what to do. Thanks.

blown fuse.
its a little 3-5 dollar part.

see right where it says CR-315155 on the amp on that tag?
just above the last 5 is the spot where a fuse goes, it will look something like that on your amp as well.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
I was just going to say that it sounds like you blew a fuse.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Are you sure its just the fuse and not the tubes? I hope that's just the case, is there a way to check if the fuse is broken or even the tubes for that matter without a multimeter?
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by LightningRider
Are you sure its just the fuse and not the tubes? I hope that's just the case, is there a way to check if the fuse is broken or even the tubes for that matter without a multimeter?

open that spot on your amp and see if it looks greay or black in the little fuse, its most likely not the tubes my man, what you said has happend to me before light would come on, but no sound from the amp, took it to get re tubed and the guy said it was just a blown fuse, gave it to me for free and i was gone.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
ok thanks man, ill go get another fuse then.
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by the_white_bunny
open that spot on your amp and see if it looks greay or black in the little fuse, its most likely not the tubes my man, what you said has happend to me before light would come on, but no sound from the amp, took it to get re tubed and the guy said it was just a blown fuse, gave it to me for free and i was gone.

Do you think it could be the fuse on my amp too? (read previous post)
Quote by MG_Sora
Do you think it could be the fuse on my amp too? (read previous post)

it could be?
im not sure, because my light came on at least, and yours it is not. if the tubes were blown you would know.
so id take it to some one and tell them you think the fuse is blown so they dont try to screw you.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
i just took out my fuse and it was definitely melted so yes, just check to see if the wire in the fuse has melted by unscrewing the fuse, a very simple fix.
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by LightningRider
i just took out my fuse and it was definitely melted so yes, just check to see if the wire in the fuse has melted by unscrewing the fuse, a very simple fix.

goood stuff man.
glad i could help not get you screwed by some dick that would just re tube your amp for the money.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
ya i know, thanks again
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Ok, so another problem again. The fuse that was in the amp said T2A on it with nothing else. So I went and bought some 2A 250V fuses and they immediately blew. What kind of fuse do I need?
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station