Hey guys
I've been really mad at my guitar and and amp, well because they both suck.
My spider IV 15 is really lame to me now and my stagg rg is being annoying by making all these weird warping noises whenever i palm mute a certain string. I really want a new guitar and amp but i'm not rich so i don't what to get first. I've been looking at the peavey vypyrs and really want one but i want to try one out first. for guitars, an esp f-50 would be really nice because it looks like from the reviews i've read that i rocks. I play metal stuff like a day to remember, stuff like that but i go all over to punk and reggae. I know the vypyr is versatile.
any help with the string problems on my guitar too?
Have you changed the strings recently? That might fix it.

A Peavey Vypyr and an F-50 will be a major upgrade. They're both quality pieces of equipment. If you can, try to get the 30W or higher Vypyr instead of another 15W amp. It will sound better and just be a better amp overall.
not sure I would really call either of them "quality" pieces but they'd be a slight upgrade. You act like hes buying a Jem and a 6505.

I would suggest getting an older peavey transtube before a vypyr, they are really good for solid state. But eventually your going to want to upgrade to tube. Look at some hybrid amps maybe, they're usually not too expensive; Peavey VSS 20, Peavey XXL, Marshall AVT, Valvestate. My AVT actually sounds pretty decent with my TS9 in front of it.

I saw a Peavey VSS 20 full mini stack for $150 on guitar centers used section. I think it was somewhere in florida or something.

Also ESP/LTDs are good guitars, but I definitely would not suggest the f-50. They are like the bottom of the barrel for ltd.

I would look into an Ibanez RG, good guitars, and cheap. Look at an RG2EX1, they cost $300 brand new and are definitely a solid guitar. I used to own one and loved it. You can find them for like $175 on craigslist and ebay.
Last edited by handbanana at Jul 3, 2010,
all right, i might go with the amp first, i'm not rich so it's just tough deciding although an f-50 was about the same price as my stagg.
basically my price range for the amp would be nothing above 350
guitar price range would be nothing above 325
The guitar i have now really isn't that uncomfortable to play, it's just really annoying that when i play the top three strings, the heavy ones, in a strumming way, they buzz and the warping sound is annoying but i don't think the amp picks it up so.
yeah i have some stores near me, with peaveys! well there not guitar centers or anything but there local stores.
but one problem, on the top three strings, the heaviest ones. I palm mute them one at a time and they all have this weird warping noise on them. No I know my guitar isn't warped because they don't sound horribly out of tune but is there any way i can fix this?
Quote by bb155558
but one problem, on the top three strings, the heaviest ones. I palm mute them one at a time and they all have this weird warping noise on them. No I know my guitar isn't warped because they don't sound horribly out of tune but is there any way i can fix this?

your truss rod most likely needs adjusting
Quote by handbanana
your truss rod most likely needs adjusting

what

as said have you tried your palm muting on another guitar to make sure it`s not you. it could be the nut or saddles.

what effects have you got running on the spider?
The spider is actually a decent amp. I've got the spider iv 15, and though I cant get great metal tones out of it, I CAN get great blues tones out of it. That may also be because I've got a strat style guitar with passive pickups. Dont dismiss the amp outright, play around with the eq and effects, you may just hit up on a tone you like. Perhaps it would be a good idea to get the guitar first.
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Also I suggest you check your local Craigslist and see if there is anything you'd like. By buying used you can get some great gear cheaply. Just make sure to play it before you buy it.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!