So I got drunk the other day and went to sand down my saddle. Lo and behold I sanded down the wrong side without realizing it (I was plastered lol). Is there anyway to figure out what the spacing is supposed to be for the stringswithout contacting the company? I'd like to know the logic behind this kinda thing. Thanks!
Quote by inputpersona
So I got drunk the other day and went to sand down my saddle. Lo and behold I sanded down the wrong side without realizing it (I was plastered lol). Is there anyway to figure out what the spacing is supposed to be for the stringswithout contacting the company? I'd like to know the logic behind this kinda thing. Thanks!

Grooves on your saddle? Wouldn't normally have grooved intentionally, though some may appear over time.

However, the top should be rounded and sometimes there is compensation for the B string.

Or do you mean the Nut, at the headstock end?
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Nope, I meant the saddle :] Thanks a lot. I remember seeing something about the edge being different for that string but I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that before.. Thanks for the information! I'm gonna stick it on there now, I'll let ya know how it turns out!

-Sam
Quote by inputpersona
Nope, I meant the saddle :] Thanks a lot. I remember seeing something about the edge being different for that string but I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that before.. Thanks for the information! I'm gonna stick it on there now, I'll let ya know how it turns out!

-Sam

If in doubt, just get a replacement one, Earvana or something made of Tusq.

You might want to round over the top (used to be the bottom) a touch too.

Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Someone decided to take my b string. Instead of smashing it I left it sitting in a chair. I will say the top three strings (I noticed the B missing at that point) were playing with much better action though. Sanding the saddle down made a difference. Hoorah.