Alright, I want a seven string that I will be getting by the end of this year.

My budget is around 900$ dollars, being able to go up just a little.

Please don't recommend a schecter .
Schecter Blackjack C-7 or Hellraiser C-7 are two great 7 strings within your budget. Why you wouldn't want a Schecter is beyond me though, I find their 7 strings superior in playability to others especially Ibanez (god awful necks and shit hardware as usual). That's just my opinion though.
Last edited by Ascendant at Jul 3, 2010,
Quote by Ascendant
Schecter Blackjack C-7 or Hellraiser C-7 are two great 7 strings within your budget. Why you wouldn't want a Schecter is beyond me though, I find their 7 strings superior in playability to others especially Ibanez (god awful necks and shit hardware as usual). That's just my opinion though.

shit hardware as usual?hahahahahaha yeah you're right...

I wouldn't even try to argue with you..
Sorry for the triple post but at that price definetly check out the agile interceptor pro 7 ,won't have as much as quality as a prestige but still very very good for the price
I just don't like schecter... at all.

And If I can find a 1527 used, it'd be pretty awesome
Quote by bizcuits212
I just don't like schecter... at all.

And If I can find a 1527 used, it'd be pretty awesome

with some luck and a few days visits to eBay or craigslist... You might be able to get one for that price....Keep looking

Also, my old roommate had an interceptor. Ireally liked the scale length since I have Paul Gilbert hands.
Quote by bizcuits212
Alright, I want a seven string that I will be getting by the end of this year.

My budget is around 900$ dollars, being able to go up just a little.

Please don't recommend a schecter .
Quote by Ascendant
Schecter Blackjack C-7 or Hellraiser C-7 are two great 7 strings within your budget. ...

Anyway, what about the LTD SC607B (27" baritone + EMGs) if you're not bothered by actives and/or the PU placement. This model sounds massive.

Check out the discontinued MIJ Ibanez RG7620, way cheaper than the RG1527 and you'll end up upgrading the PUs anyway. I haven't found a 1527 that really blew me away and was worth keeping. I've only acquired them for silly prices so I could flip them.

I'm tempted to try one of those Agile baritone neckthroughs since so many 7 players rave about them.

Quote by Ascendant

roflroflroflroflroflrofl
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
You Ibanez fanboys keep enjoying your cheap excuses for dimarzio pickups. And like I said, it's my opinion, but then again I am an EMG fan. *puts on hazmat suit*
Quote by Ippon

Anyway, what about the LTD SC607B (27" baritone + EMGs) if you're not bothered by actives and/or the PU placement. This model sounds massive.

Check out the discontinued MIJ Ibanez RG7620, way cheaper than the RG1527 and you'll end up upgrading the PUs anyway. I haven't found a 1527 that really blew me away and was worth keeping. I've only acquired them for silly prices so I could flip them.

I'm tempted to try one of those Agile baritone neckthroughs since so many 7 players rave about them.

Thanks, and will look around for both.

And from the Agile's I've tried, they're absolutely amazing for the price.
Quote by Ippon

Ah yes,the 7620,very nice suggestion

agiles are really very good for the price..but they have liscenced floyds.even though I haven't really owned an agile Floyd for a long time I can't guarantee that they will be that good,as neckthrough+maple top+good industry standard pups all for 700 or so should mean some cost cutting ...
Carvin DC747 or DC727 can be had if you're not insistent on too much swank. You won't be getting crazy walnut top or anything but you'll be getting a damn solid guitar.
Quote by Ascendant
You Ibanez fanboys keep enjoying your cheap excuses for dimarzio pickups. And like I said, it's my opinion, but then again I am an EMG fan. *puts on hazmat suit*

And you Schecter fanboys need to learn to read the full post?

They're called opinions.
Personally the only Schecter I'd touch is the Loomis sig.
EE GAD BATMAN o.O

I have heard remarkable things about the Agile 7s though, and you can actually manage to save a bit of money.

Even the more expensive models will save you some money, you can sell the EMGs and put in better pups if you want and still be within budget.
Quote by siverstorm

They're called opinions.
Personally the only Schecter I'd touch is the Loomis sig.
EE GAD BATMAN o.O

I have heard remarkable things about the Agile 7s though, and you can actually manage to save a bit of money.

Even the more expensive models will save you some money, you can sell the EMGs and put in better pups if you want and still be within budget.

I tried the JL signature, and it was a great sounding guitar honestly, but it had that schecter baseball bat neck, and weighed as much as an lp.
Last edited by bizcuits212 at Jul 3, 2010,
Quote by Ascendant

It may be beneficial for you to learn how to wire pickups.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by siverstorm

Nope. EMG 707's in the Agile are in a larger pickup casing, and the only pickup with a similar sized casing is the Blackout 7.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by no.mop
It may be beneficial for you to learn how to wire pickups.

And how did you from my post here just now supposedly find out that I don't know how to wire pickups?

Quote by siverstorm

They're called opinions.

I don't even... Know where to start. Read my post again, then read yours, then realise that everything about what you wrote is wrong and/or irrelevant.
Quote by Ascendant
And how did you from my post here just now supposedly find out that I don't know how to wire pickups?

I don't even... Know where to start. Read my post again, then read yours, then realise that everything about what you wrote is wrong and/or irrelevant.

because EMG's now just clip in and are easily interchangeable between other EMG models. thats what i'm thinking. but really, stop this flame fest, cause no one's ever gonna win and its just gonna end badly, so, shush...

anyways, i'd highly look into Agiles and Carvin as someone else said a little earlier. also, everything everyone else said, pretty much. lol
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Agile
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by Ascendant

I assumed that because you said that Ibanez stock pickups are awful (which I agree with) as if it actually mattered. It's simple to change pickups to a pair (assuming HH) that fits your style better... Unless, of course, you have EMG707s...
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by Thrasher51
Nope. EMG 707's in the Agile are in a larger pickup casing, and the only pickup with a similar sized casing is the Blackout 7.

You can buy covers for passive pickups which retrofit them to the same size as EMG 707 routes finally. Though I agree that the route issue is still an enormous pain in the ass and has put me off many 7 string guitars
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.