Alright, so after a solid two days of online amp windowshopping, youtubing, and user reviews, I have come up with these three choices of tube combos and I need you guys to help me make the final decision.

1. Vox AC15C1 1x12 Combo: 3x 12ax7, 2x EL84, Normal & top boost channels, Vox tremolo, spring reverb, 16 ohm extension, Celestion greenback. No effects loop. $600
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Custom-AC15C1-15W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=423619

2. Egnater Tweaker 15W 1x12 Combo : 2x 6V6, USA/AC/Brit "modelling", clean & overdrive channels, vintage/modern switch, tight/bright switch, extension output. Has an effects loop. $580
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Egnater-Tweaker-112-15W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=423554

3. Epiphone Blues Custom 30 2x12 Combo : ?x 12ax7, ?x 5881, 30w class A/B (pentode) or 15w class A (triode), clean/overdrive channel, tube rectifier, dual 4/8 ohm speaker outputs, Eminence Lady Lucks. No effects loop. $580
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Blues-Custom-30-Watt-2x12-Combo-Amp?sku=480288

As you can tell, my budget is $600 and I prefer a combo over stack due to portability reasons. I play blues and classic rock (SRV Little Wing, LZ Since I've Been Loving You). Whatever you guys think would deliver the BEST TONES POSSIBLE for THESE STYLES ONLY would help greatly. Users that have actually had hands on one of these puppies would also be a plus.

Thanks!!!
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
I'd go with the Egnator, but the Vox probably wouldn't be bad either. Both of them will be better than the Epiphone
a solid 2 days is nothing lol

Don't underestimate the Epiphone just because of the name... it has much more control over the tone than the other two, plus the extra speaker for better 'presence'. They are pretty big though, they aren't too portable compared to a ministack or something.

The Egnater has some added versatility over the vox because of the US/Brit voicing knob, but the Vox is a classic and the Greenback speaker IMO gives it a huge advantage over the others. The Vox also has Reverb and Tremelo built in, I think the other 2 just have reverb? I forgot already lol
Last edited by Tedward at Jul 3, 2010,
Quote by Tedward
a solid 2 days is nothing lol

Don't underestimate the Epiphone just because of the name... it has much more control over the tone than the other two, plus the extra speaker for better 'presence'. They are pretty big though, they aren't too portable compared to a ministack or something.

The Egnater has some added versatility over the vox because of the US/Brit voicing knob, but the Vox is a classic and the Greenback speaker IMO gives it a huge advantage over the others. The Vox also has Reverb and Tremelo built in, I think the other 2 just have reverb? I forgot already lol

I say two days because it's crunch time. I've been eyeing these amps for some time.

As far as the Epiphone, I completely agree. Seems like people really like the sounds they are getting from it and the fact that it's a 2x12 it almost reminds me of the AC30 with a vastly different tube config, which I am not too fond of.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Definitally the egnator, would of said the vox if it had an effects loop
Egnater. The AC15 isn't particularly great for either of those tones. It's British but not in the same vein as a Marshall type amp. And it won't get the SRV type tones. The Epiphone is fairly nice but IMO the Tweaker gives a better variety and it's good at that variety. gregs1020 has one and said it sounds much nicer with 6L6s and EL34s. I've only played it with the stock 6V6s but it's really nice sounding, even with those. The combo comes with a G12H30 which has plenty of low end for SRV and enough mid range grit for Page.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Ok, so far it's 100% Egnater, I think I found my future NAD
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE