Hello, got a bit of a problem here. Before my guitar and Line6 UX1 arrive I wanted to get my software/drivers in working condition. So what I did was installing Asio4all newest drivers. After opening Amplitude I was welcomed by very loud screech, it is different to every rig set. Anyway, I presumed that it's driver problem and saw that in options menu my sound card (Creative X-Fi Extreme Audio) was selected as input/output device so I tried to change it to Asio. Soon as I clicked it I was welcomed by BSOD - and that's my problem.

I also tried VSTHost and it also resulted in BSOD. I tried older asio4all versions but none worked.

Reading several topics about asio and bsod didn't give me much answers so I am trying my luck here, maybe someone had same problem and fixed it. Or maybe I just don't have the right software and/or should wait until my gear arrives so I can test it properly.
Last edited by Hoaxmetal at Jul 3, 2010,
Was this in the options in Amplitube? Also what system are you using, and is it 64 bit? A bit more specs about your computer and other sound cards would be nice.
My PC:
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (5.2, Build 3790) Service Pack 2
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
2046MB RAM

No other soundcards, just my Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio.

If I select ASIO it will crash the pc.
Amplitube settings:
Last edited by Hoaxmetal at Jul 3, 2010,
That's very odd, have you tried to switch to ASIO in any other program like Reaper or such?
Reaper doesn't seem to detect my ASIO at all or it's just defense mechanism from bsod :>

Edit: seems that the problem is with Windows file ksthunk.sys which is used in 32-64 bit translating process etc. For some reason it messes up with asio4all.
Last edited by Hoaxmetal at Jul 4, 2010,
would just like to say that te line 6 tone ports come with their own asio driver
so you didnt really have to worry about sorting out new drivers
thoug maybe the problem may have messed with the asioux driver