My apologies if my searchbar skills are fail, but I couldn't find what I was looking for... Does anyone know of any websites other than craigslist where ads are posted seeking bands to play? Any other advice on finding shows in your area?

Thanks!
Call up places and ask?
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

I would suggest going and seeing other local bands, speak with the 'bandleader', make friends, talk about opening sometime or getting together on some show... also have a demo ready, doesn't have to be a polished EP or anything. Then give the demo to venue operators after you've approached them and spoken with them.
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
If your seriouse about playing gigs with your band, you can't just post up an ad for your band and expect people to come to you, you have to go to them, and get your own gigs.

Pretty much check everywhere, local bars, clubs etc.

In my area, a lot of local radio stations will play unsigned bands, so mabey send in a CD to any local radio station in your area, or better yet, go see them personally, and show them the CD then, they probably have hundreds of CD's being sent in, but if you go in personally, and make a good impression, your setting yourself apart from all the others.
Quote by leg end

"Roses are red,
Violets are bitchin'
Goddammit woman,
get back in the kitchen"
Simply call them up. But if that and a demo CD/DVD doesn't get you in there, you'll need to know the people.

I'm quite lucky as I know so many venues over England and know a lot of people who organise events (pity I don't have a band! ) and that's kinda what you'll need, network around local music scenes and all that, get in with the venues or people who are in with the venues.

Stuff like that.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
My apologies if my searchbar skills are fail, but I couldn't find what I was looking for... Does anyone know of any websites other than craigslist where ads are posted seeking bands to play? Any other advice on finding shows in your area?

Thanks!

How old are you guys?

Getting gigs at random off the internet is usually a great way to get taken for a ride with pay-to-play bullshit.

EDIT: Punk_Nija is right on the money. You need to get to know people and build up contacts. Don't try and take shortcuts.
Last edited by kyle62 at Jul 4, 2010,
You and at least one other member of your band go walking into places, speaking with the manager and giving him the speil about your band and a demo and your number. That's how I do it in small town Ireland, it gets us gigs.
Metalheadblues: Thanks, I'll check that out
Derekgray: I'm trying that but we're the only band I know of locally that plays our style
sites.nick: I'm not putting up an ad for our band, Im responding to ads searching for musicians
kyle62: Yeah we aren't falling for the pay to play shit. We're just looking for free shows and the sort right now, we're booked for a few but I'm looking for more. After we get out of the studio next week we're going to be hammering really hard on going to local bars and coffee shops and trying to get something set up. Thanks for the replies guys!
Best way is to make friends with members of other bands and ask them if you can open for them and stuff.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles