Page 1 of 2

Really bad pictures, but they're coming from a really bad camera. So basically the thing I'm holding in the above picture broke, and it left pieces in the bridge. I don't know how to get the pieces out, they're stuck between the saddle and the bridge piece itself. Can anyone tell me what the piece is and how to get it out?

Edit: Replaced second picture with something that's somewhat better focused
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Last edited by Guitar2theface at Jul 3, 2010,
That, my friend, is the part of the bridge that holds the string, and I hope you already figured that out. Try taking the trem off and seeing if the pieces will come out like that, to take it off, make your strings super loose and flappy, or just take them off, and then unscrew the big panel on the back of your guitar, and inside it there will be 2-4 springs putting pressure on the tremolo, disconnect the strings from it and it should slide right off, allowing you to get a better look at it, and possibly loosening the parts.
I know what it does, I need to know what the name of it is so I can order parts.

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Ok, post the model number of your guitar and ill look into what parts you need.
RG1570 Prestige

I took the bridge out (don't know how I'll get the springs back on when I have to, any ideas?) and I don't know how to get the piece out of the bridge

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
I am looking into what tremolo it uses, and when you need to put it back on, just hook them back into the holes on the trem, if you have to, loosen the screws that bind the springs to the body, that will make stretching them into the holes much easier, and just tighten them accordingly (Tip: That is how you adjust the action on your guitar, you adjust the tension of the springs) If you cant find a way to get them out, just throw it away and get a new one.
I got it out by loosening the intonation thing and the saddle slips right out. Thank god. I just have to know what the thing is called now.

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
I don't need a new bridge =/

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Yeah I know, but you are not going to be able to find just that little part, if you can you will be the god of guitar parts. You can try calling your manufacturer and see if they can replace your bridge/part.
Yeah I've known of Ibanez Rules prior to this. Just ordered a saddle, the guy there is GREAT by the way. Dealt with all my stupid questions, and was very polite.

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Yeah, thanks man

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
I think I speak on behalf of the entire (excluding trolls) UG community when I say, "Im here to help"
@ baconxx13 thing is you can buy just the individual part, ordered from any ibanez dealer and if you are in the USA you can order direct from ibanez store

part number 2el2-2pc
Quote by baconxx13
(Tip: That is how you adjust the action on your guitar, you adjust the tension of the springs)

No! That is how you adjust the level of the tremolo. To change the action you adjust the studs up or down.
dude the name of that thing is written on the ibanez manual!!
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
I was tightening the string block when I heard "snap", followed by my screams of agony. I think it was a faulty part.

Current Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by Guitar2theface
I was tightening the string block when I heard "snap", followed by my screams of agony. I think it was a faulty part.

yeah ,sounds like one..but these things are built like tanks ....but then,nothing is perfect...even a BMW can fail ..

good that you got it fixed
Quote by Sledgeman
No! That is how you adjust the level of the tremolo. To change the action you adjust the studs up or down.

Yeah, and by adjusting the level of the tremolo, you in turn adjust the action. Do you even have a floating trem?
Quote by baconxx13
Yeah, and by adjusting the level of the tremolo, you in turn adjust the action. Do you even have a floating trem?

um,no dude,hes right..the edge pro always has to be parallel to the body,and by adjusting the spring/string tension you level the trem,not adjust the action..If you want to lower the action you turn the studs..
Quote by baconxx13

Dude... Just no... Adjusting the springs will not adjust the action... it can raise or lower the strings some, but it will also make the guitar go ridiculously out of tune.

You adjust the action by turning the trem posts. The springs are used to balance the trem so it stays in tune. Don't get cocky when you don't know what you're talking about.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Yes, to be better understood, what I was trying to get across, and I thought you just didnt get it, is that when the springs are not adjusted correctly, it throws the action off, thus making your guitar fail at making a good sound.
Quote by baconxx13
Yes, to be better understood, what I was trying to get across, and I thought you just didnt get it, is that when the springs are not adjusted correctly, it throws the action off, thus making your guitar fail at making a good sound.

Yeah yeah! Nice try but i'm not buying it. You are mocking me when you don't know what you are talking about!?

Quote by baconxx13

I have played Ibanez since 1984 and had all kinds of trems, pro rock'r, original edge, lo-pro edge, edge pro, zr and edge zero. So yeah! I have and had alot of floating trems.
Yeah ok, or you just dont want to look like an idiot? When you adjust the springs the strings go either up or down, thus messing up (or fixing) the action, why dont you go find something more productive to do than bark at me about tremolo springs
Quote by baconxx13
Yeah ok, or you just dont want to look like an idiot? When you adjust the springs the strings go either up or down, thus messing up (or fixing) the action, why dont you go find something more productive to do than bark at me about tremolo springs

BUT,a FR system always should be parallel to the body...and thus it will make no difference what so ever to the action of the guitar when you mess with the springs cus it always must be parallel to the body(if its setup correctly)
Quote by archenemyfan
BUT,a FR system always should be parallel to the body...and thus it will make no difference what so ever to the action of the guitar when you mess with the springs cus it always must be parallel to the body(if its setup correctly)

Yes, and in the case of this thread, it was seemingly not set up correctly. Is it really that hard for you people to grasp what I said, you mess with the springs, you mess with the action, is that easier for you?
Quote by baconxx13
Yes, and in the case of this thread, it was seemingly not set up correctly. Is it really that hard for you people to grasp what I said, you mess with the springs, you mess with the action, is that easier for you?

well,looking at the pic,it looks like its set up correctly to me

well I'm sorry but you're making no sense at all ...messing with the springs wont influence the action on your guitar at all...
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jul 4, 2010,
Whatever, loosen the springs on a floating trem and you tell me what happens. Strangely enough, the springs rise away from the neck and body, nope....no action getting messed up there......
Quote by baconxx13

Oh! Come on!! I corrected bad information that could have really messed up someones set up, and you jumped at me as if i had attacked you personally.

Is it so impossible to just say something like "Oh, sorry i was wrong" instead of trying to save your face as if your life depended on it. Sooo sad!
Quote by baconxx13
Whatever, loosen the springs on a floating trem and you tell me what happens. Strangely enough, the springs rise away from the neck and body, nope....no action getting messed up there......

just hold on for a second there,try playing your guitar while its like that...

can you play it?no..then make it playable...what do you got to do?level the bridge..and then what happens?magically the strings come down again and the action hasnt changed!!(or messed up)

action is measured when your guitar is in a state where you can actually play it..not when its bridge is flying up and down..
Action is how far the strings are from the neck, it gets messed up when you adjust the springs.

And it is playable when the bridge is way up in the air, because when I started playing guitar, I put 11's on my guitar that previously had 9's on it, and I didnt realize there was a way to fix it, so I left it like that until those strings wore out. It is completely playable, just not the most comfortable way of doing it.

EDIT: I realize you mean when the trem is way down you cant play it, and we are obviously getting each other nowhere, so why dont we just find something to do and let this now flame war thread die?
Last edited by baconxx13 at Jul 4, 2010,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
why don`t you just get back on topic...oh wait i gave the proper solution earlier..

Nobody asked you :\
Quote by baconxx13
Action is how far the strings are from the neck, it gets messed up when you adjust the springs.

And it is playable when the bridge is way up in the air, because when I started playing guitar, I put 11's on my guitar that previously had 9's on it, and I didnt realize there was a way to fix it, so I left it like that until those strings wore out. It is completely playable, just not the most comfortable way of doing it.

EDIT: I realize you mean when the trem is way down you cant play it, and we are obviously getting each other nowhere, so why dont we just find something to do and let this now flame war thread die?

ok then,I guess this has evolved from "you gotta adjust your springs to set action" into "your action gets messed up when you adjust the springs"
Quote by baconxx13
(Tip: That is how you adjust the action on your guitar, you adjust the tension of the springs) If you cant find a way to get them out, just throw it away and get a new one.

..but nevermind..and BTW I didnt mean when the bridge is down,that means the springs are over tightened not loosened..I said no matter whether it is up or down it is not the correct way to set it up..whatever this aint going anywhere

but man,you gotta lose that "I am right and you have no idea what you're talking about" kinda attitude..you know, other people in this forum might also know a thing or two about action and setups ..
Quote by archenemyfan
ok then,I guess this has evolved from "you gotta adjust your springs to set action" into "your action gets messed up when you adjust the springs"..but nevermind..and BTW I didnt mean when the bridge is down,that means the springs are over tightened not loosened..I said no matter whether it is up or down it is not the correct way to set it up..whatever this aint going anywhere

but man,you gotta lose that "I am right and you have no idea what you're talking about" kinda attitude..you know, other people in this forum might also know a thing or two about action and setups ..

Yeah, I get what you mean, I think it was a combination of being already annoyed with each other, and misunderstanding what we were reading from each other :|
Page 1 of 2