Um, just study the video? It's not that hard. Just remember that she adds an extra note with her pinkey at the end of the progression.

The exact strumming pattern isn't nearly as important the chords behind them.

Oh, and she is using an Em chord (ignoring the capo), not an E.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
Um, just study the video? It's not that hard. Just remember that she adds an extra note with her pinkey at the end of the progression.

The exact strumming pattern isn't nearly as important the chords behind them.

Oh, and she is using an Em chord (ignoring the capo), not an E.

i began with guitar last christmas but its not before now im really trying to be active at playing guitar.. so i just need a little help to start with and hopefully its getting easier later so i can try to figure the strumming and stuff on my own.
Quote by Sexypingu
i began with guitar last christmas but its not before now im really trying to be active at playing guitar.. so i just need a little help to start with and hopefully its getting easier later so i can try to figure the strumming and stuff on my own.

Okay. I don't know exactly your skill level, but here goes.

Practice the chord changes first. Make them flow. Make them natural. Start with quarter note strums, don't even worry about the strumming pattern until you got the chord changes down.

The complete progression lasts for two measures. Each chord is used for two beats. That means each chord you play would get tow quarter note strums. Use that to get the changes and a simplified version of the times down.

Then study that video and emulate the strumming as best you can. There really is no way around it. At your level, I assume if you saw it in written notation exactly as it is, it would more confusing than if you just studies the video.

Hope that helps.

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Jul 3, 2010,
edit: he's got it^

ugh i hate people that say it's a cover as they play along with a song..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFbvWqtQa50&feature=related
that's a cover

but to answer the question: it's a pretty standard strum pattern. listen really hard and you can get. honestly trying to explain a strum pattern versus just spending the time on it are a horse a piece. strum patterns are not easy to write out / read (in my opinion, i hate doing it)

it's be a good exercise to learn it! good luck!
Quote by Guitardude19
The world is a fucked up place.

Tele's

"Oh I'll play the blues for you"
Quote by Blurry 505

ugh i hate people that say it's a cover as they play along with a song.

Simple i VI III VII progression

+

Popular song

=

Lots of ladies

That's how I think of it.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Jul 3, 2010,