6505 plus is not working. there is no sound coming from it. it worked fine a weekago and to day turned the power on, let it warm up, flipped the standbye and .....nothing. the on and standbye lights are on and so is the channel indicator. opened up to see the preamp tubes and from left to right they are all lit up but for the inner most two. found out that these tubes are lsp and dont glow like the others. so i look at the power tubes and they are all not lit and are not getting warm. so will new power amp tubes solve the problem or could there be another issue that is preventing power to the tubes. sorry for the long post.
contact peavey, it should still be under warrenty, i've heard there are a few problems with the 6505+ and peavey are dealing with the problems through the warrenty's
Quote by NosralTserrof
Most likely. But, turn the warmup switch on BEFORE the power.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS

you're supposed to turn on the power, leave it on for a minute or more, and then turn on the standby

also as an answer to your question

if the power tubes aren't getting hot, check them with a tube power tester to see if they have any juice in them. if they do, there is a problem elsewhere, so you should check that with an expert
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Last edited by matt360 at Jul 3, 2010,
Dead power tube?
Gear:

Early 90's B.C. Rich STIII N.J. Series, Red Sparkle
1988 Charvel Model 4, Firecrackle - Retired
2003-04s Ibanez RG1570 Prestige, Gray Nickel
Line 6 Spidervalve HD100 MK1 with Marshall VS412
Quote by matt360
DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS

you're supposed to turn on the power, leave it on for a minute or more, and then turn on the standby

lolwut? I thought you was supposed to turn the standby switch on so that the tubes were standing by. Sorry if im being ignorant, new to tubes.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTserrof
lolwut? I thought you was supposed to turn the standby switch on so that the tubes were standing by. Sorry if im being ignorant, new to tubes.

You thought wrong. Don't give advice if you don't know what you're talking about or else you'll end up ****ing up someone elses gear..
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal