So...

I decided a while back that I wanted to get an American Strat, but have recently been considering the Deluxe series, because of the noiseless pickups, the locking tuners (and the S1 switching system sounds cool), but after having a quick look on GAK, noticed that the 2004 model is £869, and the 2010 model is £1099.

Is it really worth spending that extra £230 on the 2010 model?
What are the main differences?

Thanks

EDIT:
Here are links to both:
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-deluxe-strat/8994
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/86577
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce
Italia Maranello Standard
Fender American Deluxe Strat

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
Last edited by dwally89 at Jul 4, 2010,
i believe the new pickups are even more noiseless, they have better hardware, and have a few different colours
How about then a 2010 American Standard vs a 2004 American Deluxe, seeing as they're basically the same price?
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
I love the 2010 american standard but I mean a deluxe is a deluxe... Its obviously gonna have better build quality and better parts... I would personally say a deluxe for that price
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
I love the 2010 american standard but I mean a deluxe is a deluxe... Its obviously gonna have better build quality and better parts... I would personally say a deluxe for that price

Hmm ok thanks, anyone disagree with this?
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
well the 2004 one has (presumably) been hanging around since 2004. Not a problem if it's been well looked-after, but worth bearing in mind.

they changed the specs of the deluxes a while back with locking tuners, s1 switching etc. it'd be worth finding out when that came in (i suspect just after 2004, but i could be wrong).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
well the 2004 one has (presumably) been hanging around since 2004. Not a problem if it's been well looked-after, but worth bearing in mind.

they changed the specs of the deluxes a while back with locking tuners, s1 switching etc. it'd be worth finding out when that came in (i suspect just after 2004, but i could be wrong).

The 2004 does have the locking tuners and s1 switching etc, check the links I posted
Adam Black 12 String
Alesis X Guitar
Epiphone DR-200ce

Digitech Whammy
Vox Crybaby
Behringer UD100
Boss RC-2

Roland Cube 15
Marshall DSL-401
Sound City 20 Watt Valve
oh i get you now, that one isn't necessarily 2004, that's just the date the model was introduced. It's up to you, really. it's cheaper because it's an older model, most people will want the newer 2010 version, which means you can get a bargain if you prefer the 2004 spec (or don't have a strong preference either way).

Up to you, really. Check the specs of both and see which you prefer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?