Hey Guys!

I've got to do a Performance Exam on the 29th of this month and I need four songs (adding up to 20-25 minutes). One song has to be a rearrangement of a song from a list, the others can be completely up to me with one of them being a "feature tune" showcasing my abilities as a guitarists, so basically, either a solo piece, or a piece where I can solo in it.

Anyway, I'm completely stuck for ideas on songs. I have to have a band (which is a nightmare because everyone is doing the same exam so they're all stressed about theirs!) and I currently haven't got a vocalist and I'm not sure if I will be able to get one. So at the minute, instrumental tunes! What can you think of?

My main genre is metal, I was thinking Metallica's Orion as one of the tunes, but that's all I've got so far, basically I just need some instrumental tunes that are in E standard and that aren't too stupidly hard to learn. Preferably metal or at least rock.

Thanks guys! Anything would be amazing!

Cheers!

Daryl
GUITAR!!!!!
almost anything by Shadows Fall or Tool sounds good with just the instrumentals.
"Metalingus" by Alter Bridge.
"For Whom the Bell Tolls" by Metallica is almost all instrumental already, and is very easy to learn if you don't already know it.

By the way, what is a performance exam? do you take lessons or something?