Alright, so i was thinking it was time to upgrade and my budget isnt that large so i came across a guitar i was thinking about getting, the schecter tempest, tell me what you think, the stuff i play ranges from led zeppelin to metallica, buckethead to megadeth, eric clapton to pantera, etc...
Try the EG forum, this is more for pedals and amps n such.

But as far as my two cents, every Schecter I've played (not many) has played really nice, and it's a cool looking guitar.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

I agree with your decision. The schecter tempest is a badass guitar esp. with the duncan humbuckers. You can get the tones you are looking for along with other shit you can jam to like jazz. But if you change your mind, i would go with a Dean guitar. Almost all metal you play on a dean sounds beautiful, and most models won't break the bank. Goodluck on your search and keep rockin.
Quote by The High Guy
I agree with your decision. The schecter tempest is a badass guitar esp. with the duncan humbuckers. You can get the tones you are looking for along with other shit you can jam to like jazz. But if you change your mind, i would go with a Dean guitar. Almost all metal you play on a dean sounds beautiful, and most models won't break the bank. Goodluck on your search and keep rockin.

Thanks man
Didnt bother reading what you said but dont buy an Epiphone unless its a Les Paul is all I can say. Epiphones suck a fat ****in dick, especially SG's. Very poor designed guitar.
Quote by repairshop
Didnt bother reading what you said but dont buy an Epiphone unless its a Les Paul is all I can say. Epiphones suck a fat ****in dick, especially SG's. Very poor designed guitar.

Please, kindly, shut the hell up. Epiphones are good guitars. The EX series is pretty freaking awesome. With a comment like that, you're being very ignorant. Good day sir.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by repairshop

Then don't post.

Also, Epi makes great guitars

TS, is there a specific model of Tempest you're looking at?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by NosralTserrof
Please, kindly, shut the hell up. Epiphones are good guitars. The EX series is pretty freaking awesome. With a comment like that, you're being very ignorant. Good day sir.

I had an epiphone sg once, it was ok, certainly not the greatest guitar around, but for the price i paid for it, it was a good guitar
Quote by repairshop

Yeah, SG sucks so bad I don't understand why I bought mine, upgraded the pups, and compared it to a Gibson SG and (in my opinion) smoked it. You fail.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
I've never heard of anyone playing Clapton on a Schecter, but that doesn't mean you can't. I think they make a few models with coil-tap push/pull operation. That would help.

That being said, the Tempest is a respectable guitar. Personally I would get a PRS SE for that price range but it's all preference, try everything in that price range out, even if you don't think it would work for you based on specs. Trust me on this it will go a long way to help find what you like.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden