SO I have a floyd rose on my guitar and always kept it on standard tunig with regular strings but today I chagned them for ernie ball 11-54 and switched it to C standard tuning, however I noticed that now itf I press my first 2 strings I cant press them all the way down so that they touch the neck and make a clear sound. So what should I do ot solve this???
Either your fingers are too weak for the heavier gauge string, and you need to work up more finger strength, or the action on your guitar has gotten messed up from the thicker strings, and you will have to adjust it accordingly.
Quote by SilverSpurs616
whut

This is where the pear should have been used

Quote by baconxx13
Either your fingers are too weak for the heavier gauge string, and you need to work up more finger strength, or the action on your guitar has gotten messed up from the thicker strings, and you will have to adjust it accordingly.

But he also changed to using C standard tuning. With those strings and that tuning, there shouldn't be much difference in pressure needed to get the note to ring clearly.
My guess is is TS didn't set his guitar back up properly in someway (is you're bridge sitting flush with the body? Or has it sunken in or raised up at all?)
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Last edited by Koshman32 at Jul 3, 2010,
Quote by Koshman32
This is where the pear should have been used

But he also changed to using C standard tuning. With those strings and that tuning, there shouldn't be much difference in pressure needed to get the note to ring clearly.
My guess is is TS didn't set his guitar back up properly in someway (is you're bridge sitting flush with the body? Or has it sunken in or raised up at all?)

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, (I guess you have to factor in that he may be a wimp?), But in order to get maximum usage out of your fairly heavy gauge strings, you should be able to play them in standard E as well as C. Although playing in standard E with 11's may be unhealthy for your guitars neck.
Check your truss rod is all I can think of
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

His truss rod shouldnt be giving his problems yet, jester should check his action and make sure his trem is flush with the body.
So far i've tried to adjust the action by lowering the bridge (using allen key and the 2 'screws' each side of the floyd rose) a and I also made sure that the bridge is parallel with the bridge. But it looks like the bottom 2 strings are to tight to be pressed down all the way. The notes can still sound somewhat clear on an amp though
Quote by jesterwhoracle
So far i've tried to adjust the action by lowering the bridge (using allen key and the 2 'screws' each side of the floyd rose) a and I also made sure that the bridge is parallel with the bridge. But it looks like the bottom 2 strings are to tight to be pressed down all the way. The notes can still sound somewhat clear on an amp though

The low E and A strings really dont have to touch the neck in order to sound clear, my guess is you have problems with a twangy sound whenever you play anything past the 12th fret on your top 2 strings. If that is so, try raising the action using the top screw, raise it just enough so you can play them without it making unwanted noise, and then of course make the lower strings comfortable to play.