Alright, so I've been singing for a year now and I do remember my throat bothering me when I started singing, but then I read I just needed to strengthen that muscle in the throat.

It stopped about 7months after I began singing, but occasionally it comes back. Like right now it just came back again. So what exactly does it mean? I don't take long singing breaks.

The longest I've not sang is 5 days max

So how long does it take for that muscle to get strong and not have it bother me?
There's a lot to it. But I'd say that you're either singing too much or pushing your throat too hard. Alcohol, acidic foods and drinks (sour stuff, citrus, etc.) and sodas can lower endurance. But really, some days your throat's just gonna hold up better than others, like any other muscle.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
OMG....

Singing has *nothing* to do with strengthening the muscles in your throat.

You want to *relax* the muscles in your throat, lest risk doing damage.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
OMG....

Singing has *nothing* to do with strengthening the muscles in your throat.

You want to *relax* the muscles in your throat, lest risk doing damage.

CT
Exactly. There should be no strain in your throat. That doesn't mean "there should be strain until your muscles get stronger." They won't, they'll just build up damage.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea