Page 1 of 2
I need to get both the cabnet and the head and I'm wondering how much this will put me back. I'm wondering how much this will put me back for a decent size one with maybe a Blues driver pedal and a big muff.
Orange makes a vast line of amps, combo and heads/cabs. We can't sit here and tell you the prices of them. Venture out in the internet and do some research. Google is your best friend.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by cdr_salamander
Orange makes a vast line of amps, combo and heads/cabs. We can't sit here and tell you the prices of them. Venture out in the internet and do some research. Google is your best friend.

I don't know what amps are very good... I've only had 30 watt amps, I know nothing about heads or cabnets. I'm just wondering what Orange set up is good for a comperable price. (say 1000 bucks)
Quote by SmokeJs
I don't know what amps are very good... I've only had 30 watt amps, I know nothing about heads or cabnets. I'm just wondering what Orange set up is good for a comperable price. (say 1000 bucks)

What are you trying to accomplish? Orange amps might not even satisfy your tone hunt at all. What styles do play? Bands you like the sound of? We need more info.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
...You do know an Orange 4x12 is more than your entire budget, right?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by cdr_salamander
What are you trying to accomplish? Orange amps might not even satisfy your tone hunt at all. What styles do play? Bands you like the sound of? We need more info.

Well to give you an idea I'm trying to make a band that sounds like the Pixies, and Beatles, with a little bit of grunge thrown in. I've played rigs my friends had, Marshalls, Mase boogies, etc, etc, etc and I played an Orange at some guys house (I don't really know him) and I have to say it fits what I'm trying to do the best.
Last edited by SmokeJs at Jul 3, 2010,
Try to get whatever you tried at his house then?
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Quote by mcraddict81592
...You do know an Orange 4x12 is more than your entire budget, right?

Figured. I've seen Oranges heads for more than my entire budget. I'm just wondering about a good decent size rig that sounds ok that won't cost me thousands of dollars.
Unless you're looking at a Tiny Terror, you're not gonna get this set up for under 1k.

Quote by bogg808

Quote by derekgray
Try to get whatever you tried at his house then?

Never seen the guy since, he was a friend of a friend I haven't seen for years.
Last edited by SmokeJs at Jul 3, 2010,
Quote by mcraddict81592
Unless you're looking at a Tiny Terror, you're not gonna get this set up for under 1k.

What is the price for a decent size orange rig? It doesn't have to be gigantic but just a decent size.
Quote by SmokeJs
What is the price for a decent size orange rig? It doesn't have to be gigantic but just a decent size.

You can get an Orange Tiny Terror and a 2x12 Orange cab probably a tad more than your budget. That's about it.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE
Rocker 30 used, probably around $8-900 if you're lucky enough to snag one and I've seen 2x12's used go for around $500.

So about $1,400 for a damn good rig

EDIT:
Quote by cdr_salamander
You can get an Orange Tiny Terror and a 2x12 Orange cab probably a tad more than your budget. That's about it.

I got my TT with a 1x12 for $600, so you could probably get that set up for within your budget.

Quote by bogg808

Last edited by mcraddict81592 at Jul 3, 2010,
I got my Dual Terror on eBay for $675 brand new, and you can get a 212 easily for $250ish, so that should satisfy you. It's a killer amp with two channels and more than enough volume/gain for any application.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by cdr_salamander

Thanks for you help guys both of the things you mentioned is just a tad bit over my budget but it will fit my playing for now. I'm just tired of my 30 watt Vox.
What Vox do you have?

Quote by bogg808

Quote by mcraddict81592
What Vox do you have?

Vox AC30, it sounds good for practicing but when I'm playing live it's just not big enough. It's not the sound I'm looking for either, although it does sound pretty decent.
An AC30 should be more than enough to gig...I gig with my 15w TT.

Quote by bogg808

I agree with mcraddict. Even if the gig audience is going nuts, you can still afford a decent PA system that will amplify your sound for much cheaper than upgrading to a different amp and changing your established tone altogether.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE
Quote by mcraddict81592
An AC30 should be more than enough to gig...I gig with my 15w TT.

Eh seriously? I'm probably not doing something right then. I get drowned out usually by the other guitar almost completely, I guess I could mic it.

Like I said it's not the sound I'm looking for either. I could get some great metal tones but that isnt the type of music i'm looking to play.
Last edited by SmokeJs at Jul 4, 2010,
Haha, metal out of a Vox?? That I'd like to see.

Quote by bogg808

Quote by mcraddict81592
Haha, metal out of a Vox?? That I'd like to see.

I'm probably just bad at finding good sounds on that amp. This amp actually has some kick to it.
If you're REALLY set on Orange, you could save another $200 for a Thunder 30, which really doesn't seem too far off from a Dual Terror other than the head-cab tbh

Also, any closed back cab with Vintage 30s should be essentially the same as a Orange cab, I'd try for a 212 cab for portability and cost.
Ooooooohh, that's totally different. Hahah.

Quote by bogg808

Yeah, I have a friend who has one, I'm not a big fan either.

Quote by bogg808

Quote by mcraddict81592
Yeah, I have a friend who has one, I'm not a big fan either.

The crunchy clean tones are terrible on it.. either you have to have it superclean or super distorted, it seems their is no middle ground.
orange rocker 30 combos are about 1k used right now.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AcousticMirror
orange rocker 30 combos are about 1k used right now.

That's about all I will need.
Quote by SmokeJs
BTW how does the Rocker 30 handle pedals?

It doesn't have an effects loop, so running pedals will make your tone suffer.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE
No it won't, it will just make it hard to run modulation pedals with dirt.

Quote by bogg808

no one really needs an effects loop unless you're the edge or need to run more then 1 modulation pedal. in which case i have to ask. are you the edge?
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AcousticMirror
no one really needs an effects loop unless you're the edge or need to run more then 1 modulation pedal. in which case i have to ask. are you the edge?

Maybe :P
As much as I like orange amps paying 1000 dollars for a 30 watt amp is hard to justify.
Haha, I think your budget would have several more zeros on the end.

You just have to get use to the idea, and 30W is about as much as you'll ever need.

Quote by bogg808

Nah it wouldn't. A good giggiing amp does not require multiple zeros from your wallet, it's all about finding that tone you want and a good way to reproduce that tone the most convenient way possible. You have to remember, Orange is just a "brand" that builds amps that made you fall in love with their tone, but I guaruntee you that the same sound can be reproduced much, much cheaper and probably better sounding. Take a look around the internet. You would be surprised at how many small-business custom amp companies are trying to put their sh** on the market that sounds amazing for what you are trying to accomplish, most of the time even better.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE
Page 1 of 2