Hey guys, this is a song I've been working on steadily for about the past 2 hours and I am just looking on a little direction from where I left off and/or some criticism! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Oh, and this is almost solely influenced by Exotic Animal Petting Zoo.
Attachments:
Simplicity In Curiosity.gp5
Simplicity In Curiosity.mid
Sweet candy populous...

a worry free entrance...

into the world's history.

Quote by bartdevil_metal
The yellow envelope with the dot in it makes me e-orgasm.

Last edited by Jarusafes at Jul 4, 2010,
I think I'll give a lil' review so far then put suggestions and things in the end.

Bars 1-14: Admittedly, I didn't initially like the 3 bars 2 bars 2 bars thing as far as repeating went, but I listened to it over a couple of times and it started to seem more natural.

Bars 15-35: REALLY good introduction to the bass and drums. Amazing job keeping the bass an independent instrument from the guitar, not many people do that very well any more. However, I'd make the bass/drums enter at bar 16 on the fifth 8th note rather than the seventh, it just sounded better to me.

Bars 36-43: Didn't really like this part too much. The time signatures changing like they do make it sound kinda off beat rather than progressive. Also, the whole section seems to go by too quickly.

Bars 44-48: I like the chord at 44 and the drums in 44/45. Again, this is over too quickly. You could definitely keep that going, keep the same type of chord but switching it around to different base notes. The following riff is effective but brought into and left too quickly.

Overall, it seems like you can have a decent song here, you seem to know what you're doing, but you really need to extend your riffs. Repeating a riff a couple times is the easiest way to keep a song going, you just need to make sure you don't use it too much.

C4C in my sig.