I'm buying my friend a new neck for his guitar, and I don't know what wood do get for him. He plays purely metal, Metallica, Megadeth, and newer bands like Dethklok. so what type of woods should I consider.

P.S. His neck is maple shaft & rosewood fretboard. Any suggestions are much appreciated
He has a Jackson Randy Roadhs(do not know how to spell his last name) V, he still has the old neck, but it's crap. I just wanna get him a new neck for his B-day
So it's a bolt on neck... so that means the Rhodes V is one of the low end ones... which means a new neck won't do much...

New guitar time.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
jesus christ, its RHOADS. hes extremely popular in the guitar world people should know this

"So it's a bolt on neck... so that means the Rhodes V is one of the low end ones... which means a new neck won't do much...

New guitar time."

yea a new neck wont do much really, just give him the money u were going pay and tell him to save up more and spend it on a new guitar
good necks are expensive.... you could probably buy another guitar for the same price as a suitable neck for the Rhoads V

buy him a pedal if he doesn't want a new guitar/
whats his amp? if you say MG or spider or random thingy, then just buy him a microcube or a vypyr 15.... it's the best gift he could get
hello

n.n
Depending on the guitar for the cost of a neck you are better off replacing the entire guitar.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.