not sure where to put this so i'll put it here since the product in question is used for recording. if im in the wrong place, will a mod just please move it to the right place? (maybe the gear section?)

So i bought some Shure headphones about 3 weeks ago. To make a long story short, the 1/8th inch plug is built very cheap. After plugging it into my laptop to do some listening, after 3 weeks, the tip of the plug broke off. So, while the 1/4 inch is VERY sturdy, I can't use the damn things anymore.

Would GC gimme a hassle if I try to just replace them tomorrow? Don't want store credit, just a new pair. I have the original box & manual, but no receipt. I'm sure they can just look it up though. I've had alot of bad experiences & long waiting at GC in the past, think this will be more of the same? I'd hate to have to walk in after a long day of work, on my country's birthday nonetheless, and have to drop another $70 on headphones.
Meh, I have the feeling they are gonna give you shit for it. Maybe if you're nice, they'll exchange it for a new pair but its probably not gonna go over too well.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
im pretty sure they have a 30 day satisfaction guarentee. obviously if it broke within 30 days, you arent satisfied. without the receipt im not sure how much they can do for you, but if they should have a record of the sale. they might require you having the reciept.

EDIT: just found an old reciept from GC. returns have to be with the reciept and in the original condition, so you might be out of luck. i think its worth a try for an exchange though, since i dont see anything about thing about replacing broken items.
They have the record of your purchase in their computer system, and you can do an exchange, just not a return. I've exchanged a couple things over the years at 2 different GC's with no receipt and as long as your just exchanging them there should be no problem.
Quote by bbetances
exactly what im thinkin. Had a feeling I was gonna storm outta there and head to best buy for a pair of $60 Sennheisers.

I got a text from Best Buys Music Store (Some BBs have Music Stores inside of them now), they've got a deal where if you buy something up to $60, you get another item at $60 or less for free.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
I got a text from Best Buys Music Store (Some BBs have Music Stores inside of them now), they've got a deal where if you buy something up to $60, you get another item at $60 or less for free.

thats sweet. holiday sale? in that case a 2 for 1 is in order.