Hello UG,

Based on the poll for my earlier thread about getting a small practice amp, I need some adviced on what to get. Here's my requirements:

- must be under £100 new. (well under £120 say).

- take pedals well.

- have a headphone jack.

- can be heard ok in jam/ small band practice situation.

- not too worried about the distortion because I've pedals for that.

obivously I've been think about the Roland cube and the Bugera bc 15 but that's all i've got so far. If any one can give me some suggestions that'll be sweet.....
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Definitely the Bugera, if it does indeed have a headphone jack...

Otherwise, maybe a ZT Lunchbox? Not sure if they have them on that side of the pond.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
^Yeah but the Lunchbox is like £250
I would go for the Bugera
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
that's 2 votes for the Bc -15 and to think I actually seriously considered a MG. Any way how's the tone of the orange crushes the 20 watt one seems interesting
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

Quote by Mybleedinglung8
that's 2 votes for the Bc -15 and to think I actually seriously considered a MG. Any way how's the tone of the orange crushes the 20 watt one seems interesting

It's like an MG with orange tolex.

What amp do you have now? To be honest, no matter what you play now, 120 quid won't get you much of an upgrade, especially with what you're demanding.

Best thing I can come up with: Look for a used Laney LC15 (old version without reverb), they go for ridiculously low prices on ebay, sound nice and are loud enough for band use. They don't have a headphone jack, but they can be played quietly if you fear you might disturb anyone.

There are some 5w tube combos you can get for that price, but you might run into trouble when playing with others (loud drummers, especially).
considering the pedals you have it might be worth considering going tube. that bugera isn't tube, by the way, despite what the advertising blurb says, it's just a tube in the preamp.

as quail says, tehre are plenty of 5 watters which are under budget, but they might struggle for live work.

there's that harley benton 15 watter tube amp (ga15 i think?) which might be worth considering, I think it's around your budget, I haven't tried it though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You're asking for goofy specs.

If something has a headphone jack, chance are that it's not loud enough for band practice.
Usually that's the case. Headphone jacks are a feature you find on bedroom practice amps.
Also, your budget is really small for something that would be suitable for band practice with a drummer.
it's £97

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_ga15.htm

maybe you're thinking of the fame one

bear in mind that'll have a european plug, you'd need to get a british kettle lead.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I wouldn't go buying a solid state Bugera. Look into a V5 instead. Should run you around 130 brit bucks.
I heard an Epi VJ perform well with a strat in a folk trio
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I've had my eye on a Kustom Defender 5H to use as a practise amp...

It's an extremely simple 5 watt tube amp, but if you have pedals for your dirt it should sound pretty good. I've also been told it can get really loud when cranked for a 5 watt head. It might be too loud for playing at night and stuff, as I'm fairly certain it doesn't have a headphone jack.

$99 USD

Quote by Dave_Mc
considering the pedals you have it might be worth considering going tube. that bugera isn't tube, by the way, despite what the advertising blurb says, it's just a tube in the preamp.
Ohh I just assumed the BC15 would be a 15w version of the BC30 lol
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
I think ppl might be getting a tad confused here. I need a PRACTICE amp, I'm keeping the randall and I won't be playing live with this. I basically need a small amp for playing at home and possible small jams with another guitarist. I hope that clears things up.
Current Rig:

i don't really see what the problem with the suggestions is? you said you weren't too worried about distortion as you already have some (pretty nice) pedals, and that being the case the obvious choice is probably tube...

Quote by TheQuailman
Oh! I thought about the Fame GTA15.

Good call.

Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
Ohh I just assumed the BC15 would be a 15w version of the BC30 lol

yeah i get the feeling that's what bugera is hoping most people will think
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i don't really see what the problem with the suggestions is? you said you weren't too worried about distortion as you already have some (pretty nice) pedals, and that being the case the obvious choice is probably tube...

yeah i get the feeling that's what bugera is hoping most people will think

You're right Dave_Mc, tube is probably the way to go. Peavey Valveking Royal 8?
Current Rig:

how much clean headroom do you need? i'm guessing (having not tried it) that that harley benton will have more (and more available volume), but then it'll be a fair bit louder to crank up too, so it depends on what you want. unless you get something with variable wattage/powerscaling, you kind of have to pick one or the other (assuming you want power tube distortion sometimes).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've just had a look at the V5 and it seems like the thing I'm after. Any experiences UGer's?
Current Rig: