Just Checked it again. It should link you to my youtube video. Seems to be working fine for me

oh and btw I critted your song.
Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library
JT,
I appreciate that you reviewed one of my tunes! I clicked on your latest "My Library" link, and I don't get youtube. I get a vbulletin message saying, "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." I'm using a new iMac with Safari.
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Jul 4, 2010,
Quote by aaron aardvark
JT,
I appreciate that you reviewed one of my tunes! I clicked on your latest "My Library" link, and I don't get youtube. I get a vbulletin message saying, "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." I'm using a new iMac with Safari.

Thats so odd! okay well I revamped the link it should be working now and if it doesent try this one !

http://www.youtube.com/zeblazed

My Library
JT,
Finally heard it! Guitar playing on the acoustic (good sound) is tight: I like what you're playing, but I'm not keen on the drums during 0:40 to 0:57 (and similar). Other drum beats are OK. Strings are OK. Distorted guitar has way too much distortion in my opinion, but the playing & notes are good. Not sure what kb/sec you get with HD youtube. On the free soundclick.com you can get 128 kb/sec, which might be better than youtube. The acoustic guitar is the best part of the tune in my opinion. Song is good overall.
I must agree on the drums, I didn't really understand what they were going for. The acoustic parts were nice and mellow, the production values were ace. The electric guitar was...fake? It sounded very raunchy like when you apply amp distortion to something that isn't a guitar. Could just be too much distortion in general. Anyway, I saw what you were going for and it was nice.

That pictures epic BTW.

Stop by if you want.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1333801
Quote by Sami Philadelph
I must agree on the drums, I didn't really understand what they were going for. The acoustic parts were nice and mellow, the production values were ace. The electric guitar was...fake? It sounded very raunchy like when you apply amp distortion to something that isn't a guitar. Could just be too much distortion in general. Anyway, I saw what you were going for and it was nice.

That pictures epic BTW.

Stop by if you want.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1333801

Yeah electric is abit robotic O wellz I'll release a 2nd revision hopefully I can get it the 2nd time around with lyrics too! I don't know what you guys mean about the drums. I'm not a drummer so idk. Hmm Yeah I'll stop by!

My Library
Hi thanks for the crit on my friend's song - Would you like me to crit on youtube, or here?
Quote by ankthebank
Hi thanks for the crit on my friend's song - Would you like me to crit on youtube, or here?

Which ever you'd like

My Library
Hey thanks for the crit on my song.

The acoustic part was excellent, it fit right in with that awesome picture. I also really enjoyed the part around 2:30 where the electric kicked in, it had a nice buildup.

My only complaint would be the electric guitar (not the lead part). It was such a pretty song but then towards the end the chugging on and on just sounded a little out of place.
Last.fm

Baltimore Ravens
Washington Capitals
Baltimore Orioles
Jeff Gordon24
Nice guitar work! Good recording quality, shines through my headphones.
I like how you have used strings effectively in the background to fill out the sound of the mix. Chords that start at 0.39 are very cool - perhaps have some fills in harmonic minor going over the top there.

I disagree with the others about the chuggy guitar - i don't know why, but it fits for me... but i think it should fade out like the other instruments do at the end.

I could see vocals benefitting this piece - Could I try to stick a vocal part on top of this? I'd love to sing over an awesome track like this and hey, even if you don't like it you don't have to keep it!

Thanks for the crit, and keep it up!
Quote by ankthebank
Nice guitar work! Good recording quality, shines through my headphones.
I like how you have used strings effectively in the background to fill out the sound of the mix. Chords that start at 0.39 are very cool - perhaps have some fills in harmonic minor going over the top there.

I disagree with the others about the chuggy guitar - i don't know why, but it fits for me... but i think it should fade out like the other instruments do at the end.

I could see vocals benefitting this piece - Could I try to stick a vocal part on top of this? I'd love to sing over an awesome track like this and hey, even if you don't like it you don't have to keep it!

Thanks for the crit, and keep it up!

Yeah ManG! I'd love to hear some vocals over this! If I like it I will upload it on my youtube channel

My Library
cool, if you can sing - i can write lyrics or something?
or if you want, i can sing for you?

Up to you mate, your song!
Quote by ankthebank
cool, if you can sing - i can write lyrics or something?
or if you want, i can sing for you?

Up to you mate, your song!

I haven't tried singing yet to this one. Yeah If you could sing for me that would make my day

My Library
thanks for the crit

i really love the acoustic sound in this song, really crisp and clear and it builds up quite nicely. I'm going to jump on the bandwagon here and say im not too fond of the electric guitar sound, its too fuzzy and it kind of distorts the whole song. To be honest, i think the song could do without electric guitar all together and just take the acoustic part in a different direction half way through, maybe play around with another melody.

but overall - good song, keep it up
Quote by Jonathan Trejo
I haven't tried singing yet to this one. Yeah If you could sing for me that would make my day

Cool - I'm excited about this one, so I'll try my very best for you!
I'll sing along with the track and send you the individual vox file (dry) so you can mix it in later if needed
Thanks for checking out my song.

That's some awesome quality you managed get on the acoustic. How did you go about recording it? I can never get a good quality acoustic recording. Playing is great and the fast drums add a nice feel to it as well as the strings. Really nice when it starts picking up @ around 2:30 in. I'm not sure if I like the heavy guitar tone, I thought it was sounding great as a purely acoustic piece...but regardless it still sounds good. Good work.
However you've recorded the guitars, it sounds absolutely professional. Sounds kinda like a song thats on the edge of something, and is being pushed over. Its awesome, I'd love to sing over it, but I don't know if our styles quite match...

Hey, take a listen to this? Its a rough draft of something I'm working on. Well, a working rough draft.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1334457
Quote by calnix
Thanks for checking out my song.

That's some awesome quality you managed get on the acoustic. How did you go about recording it? I can never get a good quality acoustic recording. Playing is great and the fast drums add a nice feel to it as well as the strings. Really nice when it starts picking up @ around 2:30 in. I'm not sure if I like the heavy guitar tone, I thought it was sounding great as a purely acoustic piece...but regardless it still sounds good. Good work.

Actually guys this is all done with samples I wrote this piece of my acoustic guitar and recorded it with in fl studio using different vst plugins. I'm still trying to get me a cable so I can record directly to my pc but I make do with what I have. If you guys are wondering the vst plugin is called RealGuitar2 by musiclabs.

However you've recorded the guitars, it sounds absolutely professional. Sounds kinda like a song thats on the edge of something, and is being pushed over. Its awesome, I'd love to sing over it, but I don't know if our styles quite match... Hey, take a listen to this? Its a rough draft of something I'm working on. Well, a working rough draft. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1334457

Ty and I'd gladly listen to your rough draft

My Library