Well it shouldn't cost much more than the Boss which costs 60 e.I need it to play Indie and if you now a pedal which is better i can throw in more cash.
I own the screamin' blues and i love it only complaint is that it has a little too much treble but that can be fixed by turning down the treble knob.

I don't have any experience with the os-2 but i generally don't like boss distortion because it doesn't let your natural guitar tone come through
Is it good for that alternative sound or i should look somewhere else?
I found a Os-2 on sale for $49 a while back. It has a nice range of distorted sounds.. the diversity comes in very handy while recording.
I really wouldn't suggest either of these pedals, just because I don't really trust Boss and Digitech dist. The only dirty sounds that people seem to like by either of these companies are the DS-1 (very distinct, harsh at times, usually modded), and the digitech bad monkey (used for boosting and tightening heavy gain sounds, not usually as a dirty sound).

What amp are you using?
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
I rather wouldn't.However if you have any other suggestions I'd gladly take a look.
Quote by PussyPunk182
I really wouldn't suggest either of these pedals, just because I don't really trust Boss and Digitech dist. The only dirty sounds that people seem to like by either of these companies are the DS-1 (very distinct, harsh at times, usually modded), and the digitech bad monkey (used for boosting and tightening heavy gain sounds, not usually as a dirty sound).

What amp are you using?

The OS-2 is basically a DS-1 and a OD-2 mated together in an unholy alliance. The OD-2 makes a nice boost for a valve amp. They are remarkably similar circuit wise to a tubescreamer. The DS-1 is an ugly pedal, adding it's fizz to an OD-2 is not doing the OD-2 any favours.
The Bad Monkey pretty much IS a tubescreamer.

But as you asked - what amp?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
The OS-2 is basically a DS-1 and a OD-2 mated together in an unholy alliance. The OD-2 makes a nice boost for a valve amp. They are remarkably similar circuit wise to a tubescreamer. The DS-1 is an ugly pedal, adding it's fizz to an OD-2 is not doing the OD-2 any favours.
The Bad Monkey pretty much IS a tubescreamer.

But as you asked - what amp?

Yeah boss distortion is pretty wank. I've got a ds-1 one though and before it broke I was able to use it quite well. I could get a muffled fuzz and a dirty, razory distortion out of it and as I play in a post rock band it was cool for nasty sounds like that. The bad monkey, I've heard, is a pretty mediocre pedal when used as a standalone od. I wasn't suggesting either, I was just saying that those are the only dist pedals from boss and digitech that really get any positive attention.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
As for Amp...I have this strange setup,where an old mixer which has several guitar jacks and some simple settings,which is connected to a rather large Marshall loudspeaker.I am going to buy an amp but soon,so I need an pedal.I could consider Bad Monkey,but I wouldn't have distortion then.I need British indie sound,so help me choose plz.