I've just started to mess around with fingerpicking on the acoustic. There's this one song that I'd like to practice but the tuning it uses just baffles me. It's E A G# E A D.
How the fudge does one tune that third string up to G# ? I've tried tuning it down to G# but that just sounds wrong, but when I go up the string always snaps around G.

Am I just using shitty strings ? If you guys can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it!
are u sure u don't tune down to g# rather then tuning it up
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab
Marshall AVT100 (Living at my friends place :P )
Quote by eric12321
You sure you're not looking at it backwards?

I totally agree. I cant imagine tuning the D string up to a G# and it sounding good.
Are you sure that you're looking at the tuning in the right order, meaning, are you sure it's not in fact DAEG#AE, from low to high?
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
In fact, I'm not sure at all. I'm pretty new to all this.

When looking at the tuning in Guitar Pro, it's listed like this:

(1) E
(2) A
(3) G#
(4) E
(5) A
(6) D

I hadn't even thought of trying it in the other 'direction'. I guess that's the case, eh ?
I'm supposing it's Hide And Seek, if so, yep, it's DAEG#AE.
Last edited by pedrolmoura at Jul 4, 2010,
You take the G up to G#.
yeah it may break. I have broken countless G strings doing my alternate tunings, etc.
Quote by Arnor88
In fact, I'm not sure at all. I'm pretty new to all this.

When looking at the tuning in Guitar Pro, it's listed like this:

(1) E
(2) A
(3) G#
(4) E
(5) A
(6) D

I hadn't even thought of trying it in the other 'direction'. I guess that's the case, eh ?

Yep. The first string is the high E, and the sixth string is the low E. Always.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.