I like the explorer shape, and I'm looking to buy a decent Explorer copy. A Gibson is DEFINITELY NOT in my budget, and the Epiphones are also pretty expensive (and there doesen't seem to be a very high opinion of them)

Could you guys reccomen me some good Explorer copies? Thanks!
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
The tokai ex-55 explorer goes for around the 250-300 mark and is fantastic, i bought a black one for 300, the pickups aren't the best, but it's welll made and sounds great( I'm gonna put some emgs in soon!
save up some money, try looking at ESP LTDs. I really prefer the ESP LTD EX-360 ($579 at Guitarcenter)
tokai if you want an exact body copy or if your looking for something a bit differant, ESP or Jackson
Look at the used market. You might be surprised you can actually afford the real deal instead of pos copy.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
You can find a used epi Explorer if you want that brand. I just sold mine in trade, but i was asking for ~300-350 USD
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by TomG10-7
Hamer?

Hamer make a very good explorer that you can probably find preowned for £200

Dont bother with the epis if your on a low budget and if you are looking at them get the korina explorer
Last edited by MM14 at Jul 4, 2010,
Quote by MM14
Hamer make a very good explorer that you can probably find preowned for £200

Dont bother with the epis if your on a low budget and if you are looking at them get the korina explorer
Some of the inexpensive Hamers aren't worth it either, even the Used ones, an opinion.

Also, there isn't anything magical about the Epi Korinas. They're all about the same level of quality.