Ok so after 4 years with my 15 wat laney practice amp sidekick I wanna get rid of it :p

what i'm looking at now is a small tube combo within the pricerange of +- 500€

other gear:
jackson rr3 (main, tuned down 1 step)
ibanez rg7321 (for messing around :p, standard)
boss me-20 multifx

I mainly play doom, and sometimes switch to death metal, about 50% of the time i'd be playing clean, 25% in a mild overdrive with some echo and the rest would be filled up with high gain stuff.

bands i'm in to:

paradise lost
daylight dies
saturnus
edge of sanity
aborted
(to name a few)

so i've kinda decided on a blackstar ht20 (been doubting between this and the peavey 6505+ combo but the cleans won me over).

however I don't think the blackstar has enough gain for metal(couldn't test it on high volume yet tho)

so a few questions:

1) will this be capable of higher gain stuff if I decide to throw a distorion/overdrive pedal in front to boost it?
2)will my multifx do fine in the fx chain? (for chorus/echo/maybe compression)
3)is there an amp i've missed that would fit my needs better?

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
if you need someone to talk you out of it you shouldn't get it 'cos it doesn't sound like you reaaaaaally truly want this amp. In my opinion i reckon you should keep shopping around a bit and see if you can find something that nails the sound your after.
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!
if you're going for higher gain, I'd suggest a mesa triple rectifier. or if you want an older sound, go for the dual rectifier. line 6 is also a good option too
ESP f-400FM with EMG Actives
Ibanez GIO
Epiphone V with Seymour Duncan Invader
Epiphone Explorer with Dragonfire Actives

Line 6 Spider 3 120 watt with Line 6 Pod and Digitech Whammy Pedal
Quote by twitchyAMC
if you're going for higher gain, I'd suggest a mesa triple rectifier. or if you want an older sound, go for the dual rectifier. line 6 is also a good option too

Mesa's arent exactly in his price range haha
the blackstar would work if you got a decent overdrive, it will get you to classic hard rock/metal tones by it's self and then add a good over drive or distortion pedal and you may have the tone your looking for
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavymetal1110
My youtube channel

Epiphone Korina explorer, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez GSA60, Ibanez AEG25
The amp: Bugera 1990
Pedals: Ibanez Tubescreamer,wylde od, wylde wah, Tc electronic g major,
Quote by twitchyAMC

LOLWUT?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by twitchyAMC

lurk moar fool.

or troll less.
well tbh i'm quite convinced i'll be buying this one, loved it, tho haven't gotten to play it crancked

the high gain stuff isn't the biggest of my concerns, as most of the time I play only with gain turned at 5, however that occasional time that I take the seven string I want to turn up the gain :p

anyone know how a tubescreamer do as a boost for this? or should I go with an actual distortion pedal instead of boosting

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Quote by Tedward
Have you played an Orange TT/DT?

in fact I have, I liked it very much but its limited design ruined it for me,

I doubted over the tt combo for a while but the one channel ruined it for me, I often switch halfway trough songs, and the dual terror + cab is out of my justifiable price range

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Blackstar HT-20
Use a Tube Screamer or boost and you're set!
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by numinis
in fact I have, I liked it very much but its limited design ruined it for me,

I doubted over the tt combo for a while but the one channel ruined it for me, I often switch halfway trough songs, and the dual terror + cab is out of my justifiable price range

mhmm that sucks... the TT and DT are terribly overpriced cosidering they are mass produced in Asia...

but they are ideal for a good doomy/sludgey kind of chug. I guess the next closest thing would be a Matamp Minimat II, but those are slightly more than the DT new, and only 4 watts...

Good luck with whatever you buy.
Quote by Tedward
mhmm that sucks... the TT and DT are terribly overpriced cosidering they are mass produced in Asia...

but they are ideal for a good doomy/sludgey kind of chug. I guess the next closest thing would be a Matamp Minimat II, but those are slightly more than the DT new, and only 4 watts...

Good luck with whatever you buy.

they should be a lil cheaper in england though cuz that's home base for orange.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by NosralTserrof
6505. It's just awesome.

i'm not going to argue about it but it isn't for me, sure its great when playing straight in your face metal, but I personally like a smooth overdrive combined with echo much more, and personally I didn't like the cleans on 6505, however this could just be personal preference

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
dude. go for a bugera 6262 212. it costs just a little more than the peavy 6505 112 and its cleans are awesome and it has teh br00tz
Quote by kiaba94
dude. go for a bugera 6262 212. it costs just a little more than the peavy 6505 112 and its cleans are awesome and it has teh br00tz

unfortunatly neither local stores nor thomann has bugera stuff in stock so I wouldn't know where to get it

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
awh... man... you could order it online and pay for shipping.. it might be a little more but i think it would be worth it.
Quote by kiaba94
awh... man... you could order it online and pay for shipping.. it might be a little more but i think it would be worth it.

well if I'd order ship it from holland and have to buy a cab i'd easilly get well above my budget, and since i'm not in a band atm (have loads of adds up for it, and for some reason constantly getting contacted to join bands for which i'd have to take a 4 hour ride to come to practise) I can't actually justify going much over the 600/650€ budget
(I'm a student, not working so its actually a quite big investment for me)

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
yea, well actually you wouldnt need a cab cause its a combo but yea i see what you mean.
Quote by numinis
unfortunatly neither local stores nor thomann has bugera stuff in stock so I wouldn't know where to get it

Thomann doesn't, GAK does http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/77029
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm
just think......bc rich+nice ring=happy girl

no ring+gibson es-335= no bitch and an awesome guitar.
Quote by kiaba94

As long as you sort out the mains voltage issue. Do they have switchable power supply taps? Not wise to plug an amp designed for pussy little US voltage into a 220V socket.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification