hey everyone. i have a question regarding my amp setup. right now im running a large pedal board through my randall and i was wondering if there was a better way to switch from FX (clean with chorus) to my gain stages. the way i have it working right now is i have a Boss PSM-5 master switch and power supply controlling my board. the PSM-5 controls the top half of my board on one side(all modulation fx) and the other side it runs straight to amp(od tuner wah amp). my fx loop on the amp is my sonic stomp, rocktron hush and my eq. since i play most of the dirty stuff with my my SD-1 to boost it switching to a super clean tone on the fly is still kind of a pain. i have been thinking lately should i get a combo amp to use for cleans only and use an AB box to switch between the two amps or should i just keep going the way i am right now. its a tough choice. i have looked it up in the forums i found out exactly how to do it but i really just want to know would it truly be worth it. would it be easier to just leave each amp as is IE: keep distortion on and switch to cleans when the time calls. im just not sure. thanks in advance!
Attachments:
PIC_0007.JPG
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
If you like the tone you have now, then just A/B your separate chains but you'd need a jack splitter or second ABY switch set to Y coming into the amp, but they're pretty cheap anyway
But if you fancy having another amp around then by all means AB between the two
ohai little sig.
yeah i do dig the sound im getting right now. the psm-5 is kinda acting as an AB for both the loops. i just want it to be i hit one button and the amp goes dirty with all my settings and i hit another and it goes clean with chorus and whatever else i decide to patch in. and im not too sure how to achieve it
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right