Howdy all. I've been playing a good 3 or 4 months now - looking to get into blues in the style of SRV, Hendrix, Elmore James, Buddy Guy, and so forth with a bit of classic rock here and there.

Currently I'm playing a Fender MIM Strat (I know it's kind of generic, but I still love that instrument to teeny tiny pieces) with a Fender Frontman 25r, which to be honest was kind of a rush buy since it was cheap and I didn't want to drop and enormous amount of cash on a super fancy amp until I was sure guitar was something I was willing to commit too.

That said, I'm now very much committed and looking for something a step above my little frontman. I'm looking to spend somewhere between 200 and 300 (USD).

Any recommendations from the find folks here at UG for a humble n00b looking to take the next step?
Are you going to committ? I would keep saving till you got like 500 or a little more and that way you can get an amp you'll never have to get rid of...
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
The Marshall MG50FX is a really good amp. It's solid state and costs 380+tax in guitar center. It's great for practice and even little venues if you mic it, go to your local gutiar center and try it out.
Fender Telecaster Highway One
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall Haze 40C

Quote by Bushonmyhead
Well I just threw my cat out of the window, and have concluded that gravity definitely exists.
Quote by acib708
The Marshall MG50FX is a really good amp. It's solid state and costs 380+tax in guitar center. It's great for practice and even little venues if you mic it, go to your local gutiar center and try it out.

...MG?
Quote by sumo456
Used Fender Blues jr? I see some for as low as $250 on craigslist.

This.
MY GEAR

Guitars
- Gibson SG Standard(Ebony)
Amps
- Vox AC30
Pedals
- Vox V487A Wah
- SansAmp Classic
- EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
- MadeByMike Custom Overdrive
- HBE Germania 44
Quote by acib708

superchamp xd, vox vt30 if you are looking new.

or like another poster said, if you can look used you probably could find better amps. maybe not as versatile as those two but still nice. blues jr, classic 30, V32.

are you playing with any friends that drum?
Quote by sumo456
Used Fender Blues jr? I see some for as low as $250 on craigslist.

You are correct sir, that is an awesome deal, this would probably be your best option.
Quote by gregs1020

superchamp xd, vox vt30 if you are looking new.

or like another poster said, if you can look used you probably could find better amps. maybe not as versatile as those two but still nice. blues jr, classic 30, V32.

are you playing with any friends that drum?

Groovy. I'll keep my eyes peeled on the local craigslist...

and right now I'm just playing by my lonesome, although I'll occasionally jam with another guitarist. No drummer yet.