this is two queries I have really, because I'm going to install an 81 in the bridge but keep the stock passive (so I can get a nice slash tone and a hard metallica tone).
So could I have the 18v mod on just the one pickup without it blowing, and will both the battery's fit in?
Last edited by Koopagamelouda at Jul 4, 2010,
Quote by Koopagamelouda
this is two queries I have really, because I'm going to install an 81 in the bridge but keep the stock passive (so I can get a nice slash tone and a hard metallica tone).
So could I have the 18v mod on just the one pickup without it blowing, and will both the battery's fit in?

I have an epi LP studio BTW
I'm pretty sure you can do the 18v mod to just 1 pickup, but I think the main problem here will be having both active and passive pickups at the same time. Did you looked into that already?
Quote by MG_Sora
Did you looked into that already?

Yes, did you looked into that already?

There are many threads about this subject here on the GB&C, just search around for them.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
TS, go read the ultimate EMG thread, there's a link in the essential links sticky. Everything you need to know can be found there, including the whole mixing passive and active scenario. More questions? ask there.

Reported for close.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.