So I've decided that I do actually need a "nice-ish" guitar to match the caliber of the rest of my rig, and I know I want something not exactly normal looking. So the Schecter Tempest has caught my eye, and I just wanted some general opinions on it. I also wanted to know about the differences between the Standard and Custom models, as the internet has not been very helpful on that front. Is the Custom worth the extra $50? It seems to me the only difference is the name and the inlays, but if there's something else I'd like to know.

Thanks,
-Chris
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

for an extra50 bucks. i'd get it? it's only 50 bucks.lol..

FYI i'll type er in for yeh. but the schecter website shows the difference..

Standard>>>>>>>>Custom

Set Neck>>>>>>>>>>>Set Neck
Mahogany>>>>>>>>>>Mahogany
24.75" scale>>>>>>>>>>24.75" Scale
Rosewood>>>>>>>>>>Ebony Fret Board
22 Medium>>>>>>>>>>22 Medium
Dot Inlays>>>>>>>>>>MOP Split Crown
Multiply Cream Binding>>>>>>>>>> Multiply Cream Binding
Duncan Designed HB 102>>>>>>>>>> Seymour duncan customs (not the cheap ones)

That is just a few of the differences. go to the schecter website and it shows.

I would go for the custom if it's only an extra $50 and you get better pickups along with a nicer looking fretboard
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Default.aspx?internal=1&src=tempest&Search.x=0&Search.y=0&Search=Go
But here, there's the Standard at $550, the "Custom" at $600, and the Custom at $700. This is why I'm confused, I'm wondering about the differences between the two cheaper ones.

Quote by bogg808

i have one, and i like it.
Their are 3 models of the tempest, the standard (549.99 American), Custom (599.99 American)
and a different custom(699.99 American).
The difference between the standard and the customs are the pickups and the inlays. The more expensive custom has different pickups and an ebony fingerboard.
It stands out more on stage as compared to a les paul or a strat.
Hope that helps
What are some of your first jam experiences with a band?
We all couldn't stay in time and I ended up killing 4 people and a bass player.

White FC: 0948 2539 3696
Thanks guys, think I'll go for the (cheap) Custom.

Quote by bogg808

I'm just gonna bump this for the evening crowd, see if I can get some more opinions.

Quote by bogg808

There are more then three types of Tempest. However for an extra 50-100 bucks with the custom, you'r getting a faster fretboard, aftermarket quality pickups and nicer inlays. It's a bargain imo.
The Tempest in general is a pretty decent guitar, and definately worth the money.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by Nimbus456
The Tempest in general is a pretty decent guitar, and definately worth the money.

This, only I'd replace the pretty with a very. I absolutely love my tempest, It sounds great and plays like a dream. It's been getting more play time than my Gibby recently.