alright guys. i want the real truth whats the difference between these 2. i can tell the difference clean mode. but does anyone have both of these whats the difference between the 2 distorted?
as far as i know the only difference is that you can coil tap the x series
I thought the x stood for "Xtreme! ...ly shitty sound."
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by xanubisx

the EMG 81-TW and 89 are coil tappable, and not part of the X series. The X series is supposed to sound more organic with increased headroom, kinda like blackouts i htink? im not sure, im just regurgitating information that ive heard about them, ive never found a guitar to play with them installed
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
on a good amp, you can tell the difference. its very small, but its there. cleans sound different enough, but the distortion (especially hi gain) is very hard to tell. btw, emg 81/60 is an incredible combo. if you're looking for emgs, make sure you take a look at the 60. damn good cleans and the lead tone is gorgeous. i use my 60 more often than the 81 in the bridge.
Quote by xanubisx

lol
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
alrightt simple taking any reccomendations for for a full tube amp i currently have a vox vt50 50 watt hybrid. but my amp cant handle active pickups which i happen to have a schecter hellraiser. so please go. please be with 400-500 dollars. or if you reccomend something VERY HIGHLY it can be a bit more.