Hi I managed to find this deal on the web and i needed UG's expert opinion.

I found a Marshall Haze 40 Combo for the price of £266 and I am torn between this and another but i needed to know what you guys think.

Marshall Haze Combo:
40 watt
Celestion Marquee Speaker (G12T-66)
3x ECC83 Pre-amp tubes
2x EL34 Power Amp tubes
2 Channels
Effects loop

I've heard mixed reviews about the Haze series but i wanted UG's Opinion

So Would you guys buy this amp?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote by TimBFMV
ah Jez, you so FTW.
by the way its this or a Jet City JCA2112RC, 20 watt combo for £316

Jet City offers:
Tubes: 3x 12AX7 Preamp / 2x 12AX7 Reverb / 2x EL84 Power
Rectifier: Solid State
20 watt
Reverb
Eminence Jet City Designed speaker

-------------------------------------------
Quote by TimBFMV
ah Jez, you so FTW.
Last edited by MM14 at Jul 4, 2010,
if there's any way to try before you buy, do so. personally, i HATED that amp. i found it to be very poor sounding for the money (its very expensive here in canada) so i thought it was not worth the price they were charging for it. however, at that price, it may not be that bad of an investment.

make sure you try that thing out because its definitely not for everybody.
Quote by User_Name336
if there's any way to try before you buy, do so. personally, i HATED that amp. i found it to be very poor sounding for the money (its very expensive here in canada) so i thought it was not worth the price they were charging for it. however, at that price, it may not be that bad of an investment.

$700 in canada would be £560, i feel for you cause in there its definately not worth the price

I'll be sure to try it
Quote by User_Name336

Agreed, I tried the halfstack and it was the boomiest, muddiest sounding pile of crap I'd ever played, and I was trying it with a Parker
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
Agreed, I tried the halfstack and it was the boomiest, muddiest sounding pile of crap I'd ever played, and I was trying it with a Parker

Be careful because the halfstack and combo are different, the head features 6v6s and the combo has EL34s.
Quote by MM14
Be careful because the halfstack and combo are different, the head features 6v6s and the combo has EL34s.

I think judging from what other people have said around the forums the problem seems to be based in the godawful speaker in both the stack and combo versions. So if you swapped out the speaker or bought a different cab you might have a really good sounding amp. Based on what I've seen of them though, I just can't recommend them
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think judging from what other people have said around the forums the problem seems to be based in the godawful speaker in both the stack and combo versions. So if you swapped out the speaker or bought a different cab you might have a really good sounding amp. Based on what I've seen of them though, I just can't recommend them

Yeah i think your right

although i would have £100 left if i bought it to replace the speaker
Last edited by MM14 at Jul 4, 2010,
Quote by MM14
by the way its this or a Jet City JCA2112RC, 20 watt combo for £316

Jet City offers:
Tubes: 3x 12AX7 Preamp / 2x 12AX7 Reverb / 2x EL84 Power
Rectifier: Solid State
20 watt
Reverb
Eminence Jet City Designed speaker

I've heard some demos of the Jet City and it sounds verryy nice