My fencepost build makes a buzzing sound that sounds like an earthing problem. The buzz becomes more audible the more I turn up my amp. Its not bad at bedroom volumes but at band volumes its way too audible. When I touch the pot adjustment screws the noise becomes less audible.

Its definitely the guitar because my other guitar does not make this noise.

I have two Seymore Duncan humbuckers wired with a 3 way switch, 2 tone and 2 volume knobs. The cavity is completely shielded with relatively thick conductive coppery/bronzey metal. I even soldered the shielding together so that when the cover is closed it would be a challenge for water to sneak into that cavity let alone noise. The pots and switch are grounded together with wire and are grounded with the shielding. I have checked it with a multi-meter. I have a really good quality jack that is also grounded both to the pots, switch and cavity shielding.

What could possibly be causing the buzzing? I can't figure it out.
is there a ground coming from ur bridge or going to the bridge cus on a guitar with passive pick ups u are the ground thats y u touch a pot and it goes away cus ur grounding it
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Generally, you drill a hole from where the bridge is to the cavity, and ground that way.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Yeah, you can ground it to one of the studs on the TOM.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
You should also only give one path for the ground signal to get to the jack to reduce the possibility of different potentials developing, creating ground loops.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
yeah, grounding the bridge will help loads. Also, like mike said, do star grounding, pick one point and ground everything to that, whether it be the back of a pot or the sleeve of the jack.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA