For all the artists in here, i'm looking to develop my skills in the 2d art area and i am wondering what techniques you have to develop to be able to draw pieces such as this

FYI These were drawn by the same man, i'm just wondering if anyone has any useful sites or tips/tutorials whatever to help me
I'm a total newbie when it comes to drawing so i really want to get a headstart on it during the rest of the holodays,
Well, to start with, practise on the Band logos first.

PROTIP:

Get drunk/high as possible, cut the ends off of all of your fingers, and try drawing. With the mummified penis of a dog.
Practice.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
No idea, but I really love the artwork for In The Nightside Eclipse. One of the only black metal albums I actually like, as well.
Quote by PaulyVengeance
Get drunk/high as possible, cut the ends off of all of your fingers, and try drawing. With the mummified penis of a dog.

The best advice i've heard all week
Quote by Momentosis
Practice.

Practice what? be specific, generic answers don't do much broseph :/

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
No idea, but I really love the artwork for In The Nightside Eclipse. One of the only black metal albums I actually like, as well.

Same here, it really is beautiful
Quote by ShredHead396

Get piece of paper.
Draw circle.
Next to that, draw another circle.
Keep drawing circles until you can draw circles like a ****ing computer.

You are now ready to start drawing.

Draw stick figures and simple stuff like that. Once you've done stick figures for a few months, move on to wire frames of bodies and stuff.

And draw alot after you've drawn the circles, because your circle drawing ability will be gone tomorrow.
...In my opinion.
Quote by ShredHead396

I think you really just have to practice drawing, as generic as that is. You have to really love it, and do it all the time. If you spend more time drawing, you'll figure out what you like, and what you don't like.
I'm not great at drawing... I'd like to be, but I don't have to time to dedicate to it.
Study the anatomy of horses, and of people. Learn where each major muscle is that defines the body, this will add realism to the drawing. Shading and blending is very important, as subjects with a darker mood tend to need more shading. Know where your light source is coming from. But most of all, just practice as much as you can.
hue
I think it's called "proportions of the figure", I'm sure google will have results if you search that. I remember learning all that stuff in art class and it really helped me develop my skills. Just practice with figure drawings and drawing faces with different expressions, different facial structures, ect ect. Over and over. Would it be possible for you to join an art class? That would probably really help you.
Anatomy and figure drawing won't help with landscapes though.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
In the words of Stan Lee, creator of spiderman:

Draw, draw, draw! Draw your enemies, draw your friends. Draw everything you see. If you have a spare minute while waiting for the bus, whip out a piece of paper and just scribble. And when your drawings aren't perfect, don't worry! Just keep on trying to capture the world around you on paper.

So yeah, that's the best advice I can give
Quote by Momentosis
Anatomy and figure drawing won't help with landscapes though.

It's not just landscapes, there are things that require that knowledge to draw effectively in the picture as well. I don't draw landscapes very often anyways so I wouldn't know what to tell him there.
practise is stupid advice OP, the one thing that i have noticed is the method of gripping a pen can effect how good someone is at drawing (or not).
ofcourse this is not necessarily going to make you a good artist from everyone i've seen it seems to make a difference
Quote by CoreysMonster
In the words of Stan Lee, creator of spiderman:

Draw, draw, draw! Draw your enemies, draw your friends. Draw everything you see. If you have a spare minute while waiting for the bus, whip out a piece of paper and just scribble. And when your drawings aren't perfect, don't worry! Just keep on trying to capture the world around you on paper.

So yeah, that's the best advice I can give

wo Ihre Anführungszeichen sind?

(Where are your quotation marks?)

Quote by imthehitcher
practise is stupid advice OP, the one thing that i have noticed is the method of gripping a pen can effect how good someone is at drawing (or not).
ofcourse this is not necessarily going to make you a good artist from everyone i've seen it seems to make a difference

You must really stink at guitar.
hue
Last edited by sock_demon at Jul 4, 2010,
Quote by sock_demon
wo Ihre Anführungszeichen sind?

(Where are your quotation marks?)

first of all, it's "Wo sind Ihre Anführungszeichen?", and second, it isn't a direct quote, aside from the "draw draw draw, draw your enemies and friends" part.

So, since it was more an abridged quote, I decided to separate it as a quote through the use of a paragraph, instead of quotation marks.
Quote by CoreysMonster
first of all, it's "Wo sind Ihre Anführungszeichen?", and second, it isn't a direct quote, aside from the "draw draw draw, draw your enemies and friends" part.

So, since it was more an abridged quote, I decided to separate it as a quote through the use of a paragraph, instead of quotation marks.

I forgot who I was trying to troll
hue
You must really stink at guitar.

to rephrase, the simple act of practise is useless without having the technical skills for it to make a difference.
If i gave someone a guitar or a pen and just told them to practise, without any teaching, how would they become good? besides practise goes without saying.
i would suggest that OP should attend classes or ask artists that he knows in real life for tips.
Quote by imthehitcher
to rephrase, the simple act of practise is useless without having the technical skills for it to make a difference.
If i gave someone a guitar or a pen and just told them to practise, without any teaching, how would they become good? besides practise goes without saying.
i would suggest that OP should attend classes or ask artists that he knows in real life for tips.

Me and several others before me already gave tips on what to practice and learn.
hue
keep a note book and pencil with you at all times, draw anything you think is worth drawing
make notes on top of your drawings about any mistakes you've made and why they are wrong]

ive also found drawing negative space to be useful when trying to get the shape of something
spend more time looking less time drawing, dont try draw horses and people from memory
avoid drawing from photos where possible, you need to understand the 3d object to get a good 2d drawing
now extra flamey
Quote by Momentosis
Practice.

This, just pick up art like the one you posted and start drawing them. Of course you wont get it right, the first time, or the second time, or the third time. But its practice you'll eventually get it right.

Keeping that up you'll do great. Just dont give up. Ive seen people who started with me and stopped half way because " they dont have talent ". Everyone does.
Quote by Afroboy267
[something about NiL having an std]

[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Funny you should say that, when I contracted gonorrhea, I peed almost a mist when I woke up that morning. That's actually how I noticed something was wrong.
Arrange still life displays to draw. Use hard pencils firstly, try not to look at your hands, focus at the object you're trying to draw. Don't be all sketchy or smudgy, work out at getting proportions and shapes right. Don't grip your pencil tightly, relax and try and give a flow. With people, study artists' anatomy, look at proportions - how big heads/hands/etc are compared to the body.

Drawing from life is the best to draw from, and keep at it. But, don't expect to suddenly find yourself brilliant by the end of the summer holiday; I'm not doubting that this can be taught, but artistic skill - especially in imaginative, interpretive and visual terms - is often a gift, difficult to learn.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by ShredHead396
^ My brain is full of failed humor

No, that's an ancient Ming tradition used to teach art students how to draw. During the Ming dynasty of 2173 A.D., Circles were very sacred in Beunos Aires.