hey everyone my favourite guitarist ever is glenn tipton of judas priest, and i want to have the exact same guitar as him. I have put in an order with Hamer to get a phantom gt custom made for me (the model glenn uses) with two problems: the kahler bridge he used is no longer available, and no one knows the exact specifications of the guitar. If anyone knows how i can get my hands on either it would be much appreciated, thanks.
I guess you could try finding the Kahler bridge he used on Ebay or something, but it'd probably cost you an arm and a leg(I was just looking at Kahlers, actually, and their bridges all seem to be above $200...o_o). His GT originally had a EMG bucker of some sort in it, but right now it has Seymour Duncan Blackouts. Not sure what kind of wood it's made of, but I'd say it's either basswood or mahogany, and for the neck I'd just go try out a bunch and pick the one that you like best. =P
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
You want the exact same guitar as him? o.0 go and steal it from him, then you'll have the exact same guitar.

I'm just playen, but with finding the exact same bridge, I would just go with one of the newer ones, they are typically better than the older, it may not be the EXACT same, but it would prolly play better than his. You never want the exact same guitar as your favorite guitarist, it's creepy and unoriginal, now there is nothing wrong with having something similar, but to the exact specs and parts....that's a tad bit creepy, knowing that there are much better parts then what he had access to several years ago.
the reason i wanted the xact same guitar is because i love the sound so much. I guess ill look at the newer bridges then, and thanks for the tips guys. i know that hes having a new one made now with EMGs on it again and i think ill get those pickups (still need the type) and i have a mahogany body with a maple top on it... altogether its costing $5600ish :|
i actually just found the specs:

Model:Hamer A7 Phantom
Retail price:$1,500.00
Body:Multilaminate Honduras ma-hogany
Finish:Nitrocellulose lacquer
Neck:3-piece glued-in maple
Fingerboard:Rosewood
Frets:22
Bridge:Kahler tremolo with added plastic shim to reduce stray resonance
Nut:Hamer Lubritrak
Tuning Machines:Schaller
Pickups:Hamer Slammers (one humbucker combined with a single-coil, plus one single-coil)
Scale:24 3/4”
Truss Rod:Single, adjustable forward and back
Neck Width:1 11/16 ”
Body Width:13 1/2 ”
Body Depth:1 3/4 ”
Overall Length:40 1/2 ”
Weight:8 lbs 8 oz

the only thing he added to this model were a new set of EMGs (hamer sent me the specs)
but in the long run im thinking screw it, im just gonna get a BC rich mockingbird
shred it uppp!
i hate humbuckers alone.. they need a single in the same mounting ring
Yeeeah. You COULD try Warmoth too, just get a body blank and a neck and carve the body yourself, that'd run you, like, 800-1000, maybe, and you can get pretty much anything you want put in it. You have to get the pickups yourself, but it's still a helluva lot cheaper.
Quote by SlayingDragons
true say thanks
shred it uppp!
i hate humbuckers alone.. they need a single in the same mounting ring
No prob. XD
Quote by SlayingDragons