Ok I know there are all these beginner songs or easy songs to play that everyone learns when they first start out.

I am looking to compile a list of tabs however that will teach you good rhythm and timing. What I mean is basically you can play any offspring song and take next to no new techniques from it, or same with green day and such. I want this list to be diverse

I find that I lack in basic rhythm strumming and stuff so I am looking for songs that will do a good mixture of strum patterns to help with feel.

If you got a song to throw down that isn't that hard but maybe has different strum patterns and note lengths maybe 8th and 16th notes, then post it, stuff that incorporates different essential rythym techniques.
Pop punk songs?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
love me two times - doors
Elephants. larger than the moon.

98% of teenagers in America are currently bringing sexy back. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 2% where sexy never left.
Quote by krymz1n
love me two times - doors

I have just learnt this song and would recamend it to you.

Also I recamend looking at some Red Hot Chillie Peppers Songs, Under the bridge comes to mind.

Guitars:
Fender American Standard Strat 2009 Limited Edition
Ibanez Gak30

Amps
Jcm 800 2203 '82

Pedals:
John bull jr overdrive
Boss Equalizer GE-7
Boss TU-3
Boss CH1

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/hereliesnuggetband
Sublime - Santeria. Not that difficult but will give you a pretty good basis for playing off the beat.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
Quote by PattyCakes
Ok I know there are all these beginner songs or easy songs to play that everyone learns when they first start out.

I am looking to compile a list of tabs however that will teach you good rhythm and timing. What I mean is basically you can play any offspring song and take next to no new techniques from it, or same with green day and such. I want this list to be diverse

I find that I lack in basic rhythm strumming and stuff so I am looking for songs that will do a good mixture of strum patterns to help with feel.

If you got a song to throw down that isn't that hard but maybe has different strum patterns and note lengths maybe 8th and 16th notes, then post it, stuff that incorporates different essential rythym techniques.

Absolutely not true.

Everything new you learn benefits your playing in some way.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Wolfmother
Kings of Leon
Muse
Led Zeppelin

More difficult:
Jane's Addiction
Megadeth
Mastodon

Essentially Free Form Rhythm:
Hendrix

Edit: all of these bands have different rhythmic styles, so take whatever you like and learn that.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Last edited by hockeyplayer168 at Jul 4, 2010,
I found that Metallica's "Seek & Destroy" is good for rhythm training.
UG FORUM
Your 21st Century Ant Farm
Corroborating Sturgeon's Law Since 2003