I have been rebuilding my first guitar which is some old school jackson with a dinky style body (probably is a dinky). Now I am close to being finished but have a couple questions.

In the year it took to go from just having the guitar apart to actually doing the project, I lost 3 of the 5 tremelo springs so I will be buying a new set.
BUT, I am using a pack of ernie ball not evens to get the 6 string drop A (56,44,32,24p,16,12). I don't really want to use my tremelo I just want my guitar to not have trouble staying in tune.

Can you get different strength springs and what strength should i get?

also does anyone have a place where they buy jackson screws and stuff
im missing maybe 10 of the screws that hold the different cavity plates on and need to replace them. stewmac has them but i dont know what size I need (fender or gibson).

and last but not least if I was tuning to drop A using a vst type plugin how would I set up the octaves and frequencies. I don't understand what they would be for the tuning AEADGBE

Thank You,
-zack-
Just block the trem with a piece of wood, it'll be all good.

As for tuning that low using a VST, one answer, don't, there is no VST software that will do a good job of tuning that low, but if you want to try, Drop A tuning is 3 steps down I believe, either 3 or 3 1/2 steps down.
so i should just standard tune it and drop it myself... and also what do you mean block it with wood. like in the cavity so the trem cant move?! cause that sounds like an amazing solution if its that easy.

edit:
NVM lol i just googled "blocking tremelo with wood" and got my answer but thanks for the quick reply! that's definitely what im gonna do!
Last edited by SpiritSlayer at Jul 4, 2010,
If you look at the back of your guitar where the springs are, there should be a cavity on the one side of the tremolo where there is nothing. You can just cut a block of wood to size and fit it in that area. Don't glue it in though.

If you search youtube, guitar guru Rob Chappers has video of how to do it on a floyd rose guitar, but I don't think it's much, if any, different on a hardtail.

EDIT: http://www.sweetwater.com/expert-center/techtips/d--12/12/2005
I may be wrong in my explanation, but I'm guessing the link just describes a more professional way to do it.
Last edited by polishedbullet at Jul 4, 2010,