I already have a distortion Pedal. Boss DS-1. I play christian rock and classic rock.
The question is, do you need any other pedal? If you never play any songs that use a flanger you're not going to need a flanger, for example. You'll have to ask yourself what it is that you need, not ask us what we think you should buy, that's just silly.
It really depends on what kind of sound you want.

A wah to spice up solos? A chorus pedal for shimmery cleans? A pitch shifter to make some crazy sounds?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
someething that will make the chorus sound much more "loud" and "Cranky" than the verse
Quote by xpurpleblob
someething that will make the chorus sound much more "loud" and "Cranky" than the verse

Define cranky?

You have a distortion pedal, you could use that as a boost for the chorus?
Quote by xpurpleblob
how bout an EQ pedal?

That might work...to be honest I'm still not 100% sure what you're trying to achieve. Maybe look for an EQ pedal with an independent gain slider.

What kind of amp are you using? A new amp might be able to do the sounds you're looking for without pedals. Likewise, if your amp isn't up to scratch there isn't much point in spending money on pedals.
Quote by GNR4EVER
That might work...to be honest I'm still not 100% sure what you're trying to achieve. Maybe look for an EQ pedal with an independent gain slider.

What kind of amp are you using? A new amp might be able to do the sounds you're looking for without pedals. Likewise, if your amp isn't up to scratch there isn't much point in spending money on pedals.

it's a line 6 15w
Rather than buying more pedals I'd consider saving and putting that money towards a new amp that will get you closer to the tone you're looking for. The built in effects of the Line 6 should tide you over for a while and it's a modelling amp, which tend to not take some effects pedals very well anyways.

If you're looking for a sort of boost for choruses, I'd try dialling in the sound you want for the rest of the song on your amp and using your distortion pedal for a boost when you want it. What distortion pedal are you using by the way?
I think an amp upgrade will do you more good than a pedal really.

Assuming you're talking about the lead part in the intro that's repeated a few times throughout the song, It sounds quite warm and mid gain to me, which isn't the Line 6's strong point. As far as EQ goes, try boosting your treble a little, enough bass for it to sound thick enough without getting boomy and keep the mids around 5 or so.
Quote by GNR4EVER
I think an amp upgrade will do you more good than a pedal really.

Assuming you're talking about the lead part in the intro that's repeated a few times throughout the song, It sounds quite warm and mid gain to me, which isn't the Line 6's strong point. As far as EQ goes, try boosting your treble a little, enough bass for it to sound thick enough without getting boomy and keep the mids around 5 or so.

What amp will be good for that? A vox or marshall? or etc?
It does have a nice, warm tube overdrive sound to it. A Vox might be a nice idea. If you give us a budget of how much you'd be aiming to spend on an amp we could probably give you a few suggestions.
Quote by GNR4EVER
It does have a nice, warm tube overdrive sound to it. A Vox might be a nice idea. If you give us a budget of how much you'd be aiming to spend on an amp we could probably give you a few suggestions.

300 dollars.