I'm honestly considering this. I've read tons of great reviews. Def. adding it to my
"W2B" list for now to replace the Bugera V5.

I, however, can not find any good demos.

If you could please link me to one that would be great :3
Could't find any helpfull demos either when I bought mine :p

Can only recommend it tho. picked one of the old eminence speaker equiped ones used of ebay for 135€ and I couldn't ask for more now

I'd say just go for it
Pretty sure it will be much better then your bugera
Quote by B.Renegades
No the one im looking at is called the Peavey Bandit 65

Why the 65? The Transtube models are better amps and have more sounds on them. And given you have to buy second hand anyway, are plenty cheap.

I've heard the Transtube Bandit compared to a higher gain Marshall and it really did well up against it.

There's no reason to get the 65 unless you've les than $80 to spend on an amp.

http://www.steff-musik.dk/images/peavey%20bandit%20112.jpg
http://www.musiciansbuy.com/mmMBCOM/images/peavey_bandit112.jpg

You want one of these.
Last edited by GURREN LAGANN at Jul 4, 2010,
Quote by GURREN LAGANN
Why the 65? The Transtube models are better amps and have more sounds on them. And given you have to buy second hand anyway, are plenty cheap.

I've heard the Transtube Bandit compared to a higher gain Marshall and it really did well up against it.

http://www.steff-musik.dk/images/peavey%20bandit%20112.jpg
http://www.musiciansbuy.com/mmMBCOM/images/peavey_bandit112.jpg

You want one of these.

Because its at a store I live by for $100 O_o
It seems the Bandit 65 was made from 1983 - 1987, which seems like the Bandit all those black metal bands used. If your goal is br00tz then it should work well.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
It seems the Bandit 65 was made from 1983 - 1987, which seems like the Bandit all those black metal bands used. If your goal is br00tz then it should work well.

Sweet.

Definately going to be worth the $100 then
Do yourself a favor. Go hire one for a day or two and play the hell out of it. Prefferably while jamming with friends. I found that the Bandit sounded good for about an hour and then after that I wanted to take to it with a fire ax.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Raijouta

This is incorrect. The Bandit 65 is not a super high gain amp. It was used by a few death metal bands, but boosted with a Metal Zone or Boss HM-2(which are a little hard to find these days).

The Transtube bandits have a "high gain" setting which would be usuable for death metal, and a "modern" setting which would be useful for a more modern scooped sound.

Quote by B.Renegades
Because its at a store I live by for $100 O_o

You could probably get a Transtube Bandit for $150 used. They are simply MUCH better amps. Take a look on craigslist or similar. The newer ones even have a line out and switchable boost. The newer Bandits not only have the higher gain options, but the "Classic" setting is voiced very nicely for classic rock, sounding like a smoother plexi or orange.

It's worth the $50 or so, since you'll need pedals with the Bandit 65, but probably not the transtube. It has a footswitchable boost too.

Either one will probably be better than your Spider IV, but the Bandit 65 not very much so.
Yeah don't get fixated on one amp just because you've seen it. I get the feeling that could happen.
If I didn't already have a second amp even I'd consider a Bandit at $100 - and I hate Bandits. Even if it ultimately becomes your second amp for friends to use you don't get much these days for $100.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by GURREN LAGANN

You want one of these.

No he doesn't. The Solo Series Bandits > all other Bandits.

Quote by Raijouta

I don't follow, you say black metal then you say br00tz.

Black metal is t3h antibr00tz.

Black metal has quite often strived to sound the polar opposite of death metal, most of the Norwegian bands tended to define themselves as being quite distinct from American style DM bands, and as the polar opposite of commercialized Gothenburg style bands.

Quote by GURREN LAGANN
This is incorrect. The Bandit 65 is not a super high gain amp. It was used by a few death metal bands, but boosted with a Metal Zone or Boss HM-2(which are a little hard to find these days)

The Peavey Bandit (and related amps) was popular in both black metal and death metal scenes. For death metal a HM-2 or MT-2 was common in front for Swedish type tones, American DM bands and black metal bands usually used them with no pedals in front.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Jul 6, 2010,