For driving a Marshall TSL100...

I know these two are basically identical... Which one should I choose?

The SD1 is 100 bucks, where as the TS9 is more like 160 ish?
... Where are you located that an SD-1 is $100?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I don't think I've ever heard anyone say an SD1 is basically identical to a TS9

What kind of sound are you looking to achieve? Are you looking for a sort of bluesy drive on the clean channel, tightening up distorted rythm sounds, solo boost? etc...

I have a feeling most people are going to recommend the TS9...maybe look into a Maxon OD9 either?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by GNR4EVER
I don't think I've ever heard anyone say an SD1 is basically identical to a TS9

It is.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
It is.

I've heard it's based on a Tube Screamer like circuit, but that it lacks that sort of mid detail. I know Boss pedals are built like tanks but I haven't tried an SD1 myself, are they really that similar to a TS9?

If you're on a budget TS maybe look at a Digitech Bad Monkey, they tend to have a good reputation for getting a Tube Screamer like tone at a low price.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
ts-9 is better in my opinion
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Ive heard that a SD1 and TS share almost identical circuits...

Im gonna be using it to boost my overdrive channel on my TSL100... I hate the sound of overdrive/distortion pedals on clean amps lol. So I wont be using it for that... Mainly to boost the front end so that the amp can distort much stronger...

I live in NZ, and thats NZ dollars, (so I guess like 50 to 60 US dollars maybe?)
Ok after a little look...

Boss SD1 - NZ$106 - US$73
Bad Monkey - NZ$149 - US$ 109
TS9 - NZ$219 - US$151

So really... Is there that much of a difference to warrant the extra cost?
Im leaning towards the Boss, cause I can also get a used one on Trade me (our version of Ebay) for like 50 bucks NZ... Is the massive price difference between that and a TS really worth it?